Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Life is so precious

I'm sitting here at the computer, updating the journals and reading through emails while the television is playing in the background. While reading through a joke that a friend had sent me when I heard a news update come across the screen. A woman I had gone to school with died while trying to swim to shore in Belize on Monday. The authorities had spent two day searching for her body before finding it today. This woman was such a sweet, smart person that I knew would be able to make a difference in the world. She was a medical student poised to go far as well as the winner of the Indianapolis 500 Princess beauty paegent. The thing that makes me the saddest right now is knowing that our high school reunion is set for next month, almost to the day of her death. I was really looking forward to seeing her. I know plan to make the trip to see her at the funeral home, something I don't really enjoy doing under any circumstances.

The weather outside today matches the way I feel now. Earlier the day was beautiful. The sky was crisp and clear with hints of clouds. The leaves are now changing colors, filling the streets with visions of golds, reds, and purples. It kinda makes the street look as if it is a corridor into some magical land. I love this time of year because the world is changing and it does feel magical to me. It does increase my pain levels but the beauty of nature makes it seem worthwhile. Healthwise, I'm doing okay today. Seem to have a small amount of a sniffle but I don't think it's going to become anything more. At least, I hope it doesn't. Today is just going to be a boring day for me. There's not much planned for me to do except try and do some laundry. The hardest part of the whole laundry process is the bending to put clothes into and out of the dryer. The washer is okay because I lift up. Not too many problems there. So we'll see how today does.

I know this is short. I have been doing a lot of typing today. More than I have done in a long while. I promise to make this my first stop from now on.
Until next time, take care.
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home