Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sighs fill the silence sometimes

I feel like such an idiot today. I truly and honestly thought that I had a doctor's appointment today with my family doctor for my yearly female physical. I got up early to make sure I could move around, got a shower and had the thought to double check the time I was supposed to be there. Good thing I did too! My appointment was YESTERDAY. I can't believe I wrote down the wrong day for that. I'm usually really good at the appointments and all but I messed up. *sighs* I really hate it when I do things like this. I know that it happens, even to the best of people. I still don't like it when I do it! Okay, now that I have that off my chest. The rest of the day went okay. I stayed over at my mom's for an hour, hanging out with my brother, Billy before I had to come home and make sure that Chris was up and ready for work. We had a pretty good time just laughing at his dog. Billy has a Lhaso Apso just like my Dudley. His is named Dale because the dog curled up and went to sleep in his Dale Earnhardt slippers right after my mom and dad brought him home to Billy. The silly thing has this new toy that makes a lot of noises and has songs to it that drives the dog nuts. He runs around with it in his mouth just to make it go off so he can shake it. After that I came home and did the headlines and inspiration so that I wouldn't forget. I have been stressed out here lately over my grandmother and how much she's been through so my body has been letting me know that it's not happy at the situation. I have had to visit the bathroom quite a few times and chug Pepto like it was water. Right now, I just feel exhausted from the emotional roller coaster and a little warm as the temperatures were in the mid 60s F today.

The weather has been a little on the odd side of things here lately. Usually I am having to pull out my long-sleeved shirts and warm jackets by this time of year. Yesterday I had shorts on in the house! It really worries me because we did have severe weather not that long ago and there's a threat of the same weather tonight into tomorrow morning. I almost would rather have some of the cooler temps and less worry over tornadoes in November! I'll admit that I kinda like the warmer, milder temperatures. Yet, I don't like the thunderstorms and tornado threats this time of year. It's just odd to have decorations up and the season doesn't match. Maybe if I didn't live in an area that always has the white stuff, I'd be used to the decor with no snow. For me, it's not the season unless there's a dusting all around.

I don't know what to do about the aunt/grandmother situation. My grandmother was once a strong woman who was very independent and yet loving at the same time. She taught me so many, many things about being a woman and what it would take to make it on your own (my grandfather died before I was born). When I see her now, it makes me so sad. It literally breaks my heart. I want so bad to go around and find out who has hurt her so bad that she talks like a child, is afraid of the slightest noise and has to be reassured constantly that it's okay. My grandmother should never have felt threatened when she depended on others to care for her. As far as I'm concerned the person who had the most "power" to do something did nothing and is just as responsible as those people who actually hurt my grandmother. *sighs* I will get to the bottom of things soon. I hold firm to the belief that what goes around, comes around.

Moving on to something that won't make me cry, I have finally gotten over 10,000 words on my novel! I'm 1/5th of the way completed and only have two and a half weeks left to go! There's been a few surprises that I really didn't know where coming. It's funny when I sit down to type. Since I have to type in spurts, there are times when I just read the last thing I had typed and begin to go off on a tangent that I didn't even think of before opening the program. I caught Chris reading it last night (before I got to the 10k mark). He's mad cause I haven't finished it already and I keep him guessing most of the time. That's a good thing! This novel is so completely different than my others because I'm using the computer to write it and I haven't really given much thought as to the plot. I'm just letting it come out as it wants to. So, now with that being said, it's time for me to finish up some emails and get busy for a half hour on the novel. I need to type 2k words tonight to get back on track.

Until next time,
Kim

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our weather is really screwy, too, Kim. Low 50's one night and 88 or 90 the next day. It's way weird. And no...it doesn't seem like it's time for the holidays. Not because of the absence of snow, but the overall humidity down here.

    At least you are doing something constructive with your time, like writing a story. It's great that you have that much detail and over 10K words already. LOL, guess Chris is gonna have to be patient and wait, isn't he?

    My thoughts are with your grandma. When Mother was alive, I heard stories about people living with Alzheimer's for almost twenty years. Can you believe that? At least my Mother still knew me when she died, so I'm glad she didn't have to suffer and linger long, even though losing her has left an empty spot in me. Seems like I've got lots of those now that Daddy is gone, too. At least poor Sweetie died happily in my arms. I just wish with all my heart I could say 'enough already' for this year. The holidays aren't going to be the same. I'm glad we still have Saint Ella (Jim's mom). She's really sweet and understanding. You'd like her because what you see is what you get. First of all, we have to get together though. I haven't given up hope on that.

    Take care... love and miss ya!

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kim,

    Guess who? Just wanted to say that I am sorry about the situation with your grandma. You know I will be thinking about you. Like the blog. I will try and visit occasionally if I ever catch up with the email. lol

    Take care,

    Martin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home