Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Baby gone home

This weekend's excitement had come to an end. Lol, my niece had to go home around noon today because Chris and I had to finish up winterizing the house as well as doing some housework. The experience of having a newborn "baby" around for the weekend didn't really mean as much to me as it did to her. There quite a few times when I know she wanted to just give up, but to her credit, she stuck with it. Luckily the baby wasn't a colic one nor did it fuss too much today. In fact, we had to check it a couple times to make sure the batteries didn't die. I had to fill out a questionaire about her progress with it and I warned her that I was going to be honest in it. So, now she has a little over twelve hours until she has to turn it into the teacher. I really hope that she gets a good grade as she did a good job in my book. Okay, I'm biased a little. Lol.

This morning was so much colder than yesterday. There wasn't as thick a layer of frost on the grass and cars, but the temperature was definitely lower. I really believe we're going to get a small amount of snow here soon. Would not surprise me in the least bit. In fact, it's supposed to rain during the evening tomorrow (hopefully after the trick-or-treaters have gone home for the night). I'm just glad that the majority of the cold air is holding off for whatever reason. I know it could be a lot colder than it is.

I'm feeling okay today. My heart seems to be beating really fast whenever I am doing something physical for more than five minutes, that includes just walking from point A to point B. I have taken my heart medication as I'm scheduled but it's still doing it some. I probably am going to tell the doctor about it tomorrow when I call about getting flu shots. I have never had one before but because the Enbrel lowers the immune system, I have to have one if at all possible. I'm trying to get one from the doctor's office, whether my rheumy or family, because I don't want to go to a flu shot clinic. I just trust the doctor's office more. In fact, I have a female exam coming up next week, well actually a week from this coming Tuesday. Oh, the joys of being a woman! Lol, not particularly something I enjoy but necessary due to my family's medical history. I also just want to be careful.

Well, yes, I know this is semi-short, but I have much to do and not much time to do it in. Having my niece this weekend allowed me to spend some quality one on one time with her and I hope she realizes that she can come to me for any reason. I just had to put a lot of things on the back burner and now I have to catch up. Not that I mind, lol.

Until next time,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home