Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Just a Lazy Day

I know that I did my other portion of the post earlier in the morning. I think it's a pattern that I may continue since it has given me a freedom to live my day and have a little more to write about. It just seems like a good way to capture the day, beginning and end. Today was nothing more than a day to catch up with some of the things I had been putting off for one reason or another. Though I felt a little of the stiff side, I managed to do a couple loads of laundry. At this rate, I'll be done with it within the next year. Lol, just kidding. I am just happy that I was able to do laundry two days in a row. Most times I have to do laundry one day, wait a day and then do some more. So, really this is a record. I also managed to take a bath by myself. That may not seem like a big deal to others, but for me it is. Usually, I am only able to take showers and they tend to take about a half hour. By the time I am through washing my hair and body, drying off makes me feel completely exhausted. So to get into the tub and soak a while, then wash and then dry off makes me feel like I'm starting to be able to be a regular person. Finally.

The weather was a mixture today. The morning was bright, sunny, and really wonderful to be sitting upon the front porch, reading or writing. I let the dog out for a little while, watching him play around the yard for a bit before he wanted to come back into the house. I wrote for a little while in my journal (offline) and then read. I have a competition of sorts going with an internet friend who lives in Ireland and is an avid reader. Lucky woman gets to work in a library with easy access to lots of books. She's basically rekindled my love for books and so I have decided it was time to weed through my own person library of books, re-reading those that I haven left to sit upon the shelves for awhile. There's no way I'm going to catch her as she's recorded over two thousand books, but it's worth the time and books to try. So, needless to say, I've been steadily reading away when I get the chance.

I'm so ready for Halloween to get here. It has to be my most favorite holiday of them all. Not because of the present day celebrations but what used to be the standard for celebrating the arrival of All Hallow's Eve. Truth be told, it's almost as if I am a person reborn after that magical night. And in all honesty, I am as it is the new year celebration for those of a non-Christian faith. Just to be clear, I have my own beliefs and many do not correspond to the "right" religion of the moment. I have a very strong sense of faith and it has guided me through many a restless night and tough situation. So I do not disbelieve anything. I merely take what my heart tells me that is true and I use it in my life the way that I feel I need to. Whether that makes one not read this blog or not is up to your, dear reader. Just know I shall miss you if you go.

Since I have typed the last portion of my post for the day, I'm off to do a little more reading and then fall asleep. I am hoping against hope that I am able to get a solid night's worth of sleep but we shall see. With the weather changing from warm to cold a lot as it usually does this time of year, I have moments of insomnia due to the pain and stiffness of muscles and joints. Maybe since this Enbrel is starting to work for me, I can have less insomnia and more sleep. One can only hope.

Until next time,
Kim

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kim hey baby i love you so much marry me xoxo

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    KIM GOOD LUCK IN ALL THAT YOU DO AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE LAUNDRY AND CONGRATS WITH THE BATH xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    YOUR NIECE

     

Post a Comment

<< Home