Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Okay, this is early.

Sorry that this is a few hours early. My niece is coming over to stay until Sunday because she has a project in a child development class that is noisy and causes stress. Lol, yes, she's going to bring home a plastic baby programmed to be like a newborn. So, we'll see how it goes. Other than that, my day has been a pretty lazy one. I woke up feeling okay, just a little ache here and there. The temperature here was in the mid 30s F causing a freeze advisory to be in effect. I will say that for once, the weatherman wasn't lying! When I walked out onto the screened porch to let my dog, Dudley, out to do his business, I nearly lost my breath! It was definitely cold enough for snow had a storm been happening at the same time. Two weeks ago when I mentioned to my husband, Chris, that I felt as though winter was going to come early this year, I didn't think that it would come true. Lol, so much for being right! Tonight, the temperature is supposed to dip even lower. The weatherman has issued a freeze warning for our area, so my plants are safely inside the house now. The sky was clear all day today which made it so much better in my opinion.

I still felt really tired when I woke up this morning. As I was sitting here at the computer, working on the health headlines, all I wanted to do was go back to bed. It got to the point where I actually did crawl back into the bed for a couple more hours. Even now I feel like I could just drift off to sleep. Tonight's shot night. I'm thinking that has a large part in the fact I feel so tired and drained. Also doing more around the house has helped to wear me out. I am still doing laundry as I'm only averaging a couple loads a day. I put off the laundry for a week or so because it takes me a while to do the folding. But it also makes me feel good that I'm still able to do something as simple as that. Yay for simple things.

Last night after my entry, Chris walked in the door. He had come home early from work because he was getting sick at work. He has to work all weekend so he will be able to make up the hours he missed without having to take a penalty. He just felt sick to his stomach and was in and out of the bathroom. No fever so I don't think I'm going to catch anything. That's a good thing considering that we are entering cold and flu season. I have to be careful since I am on Enbrel shots for the Psoriatic Arthritis. That pretty much means that my immune system is lowered or not there at all. I've been taking the shots since August of this year. I have noticed an improvement in the amount of movement I have gained and also the way the psoriasis is disappearing on my scalp. Before I use to hide and try my hardest to get of going anywhere. Now I still cringe when I have to go out but it isn't so bad.

Well, my niece and her "baby" have finally arrived. I'm off to spend time with her. I'll write more tomorrow and let you all know how her first night goes.

Until next time,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home