Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

It's still cold outside

Yep, colder than I have felt the outside be in the past few months. I know we've had our days here in Indiana when we've though winter had returned but it really has. I checked the weather channel at one point last night and saw that it was only 6F here. shivers I hope that it warms up a little. I'm all for the seasons and changes but this is way colder than I enjoy it being. Mostly likely I will make this an easy day as my body is screaming at me not to do a lot of things. My pain level is high because since I have been in the hospital, I haven't been able to have the Enbrel shots until I saw my arthritis doctor. I'm very happy to say he gave me the okay to take it tomorrow. Therefore, I'm hoping that the tightness and tenderness I feel will slowly dissolve over the course of the next week. Of course, I'm afraid that it will no longer work for me since I've not had the shot in nearly a month. Yet I have to try it once again. My back muscles are in revolt today. There are several joints in my neck, feet and hands that are tender as well. I am planning to do my small workout (simple stretchy exercises) and then maybe later take my walk around the house. Since I've been home from the hospital, I have been taking care in the amount and types of food I eat, what I drink and trying to get some exercise into my routines. It definitely hasn't been easy. I can no longer drink anything with caffenine in it. I noticed that while I was in the hospital. It increased my heart rate and blood pressure. I've even had to modify my diet some because of the Coumadin that I am taking now. So, since this was declared the year of Kim, I'm taking what pains I can to get healthier. I know it'll be worth it in the long run.

I have set a few goals for myself this year. I would love to read over 100 books for the entire year. I know it sounds like a lot but given the fact that I have more than enough time on my hands as well as the fact that reading stimulates the creative part of me allowing me to write more, I think the trade off is well worth it. I have noticed that the amount of writing I have done hasn't been as much as it used to be. When I really sat down and thought about why that could be the case, the only thing other than life I could think of was not reading as much as I had in the past. Years ago, you could always find me with a book in my hands. Nowadays, not so much until the beginning of this year. For the year so far, I have already read 16 books. It's not a goal that's going to be too difficult for me to achieve. knocks on wood The other goal would be to lose fifty pounds this year. I want to take it slow and lose what I can doing it the healthy right way so that I will have less of a chance of gaining it back. It's not an option for me to sit around and do nothing about my health any longer. I never said these were resolutions because they are something I plan to continue for the rest of my life.

For now, I'm off to finish the collection of Sherlock Holmes stories that came next on my list to read. Hope everyone has a joyful and wonderful day, wherever it finds you. Take care.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home