Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Friday, March 31, 2006

I knew it!

See? Just when I was happy to see the sun, we got rain here in Indiana. And yes, Pat, I went outside to read yesterday. Lol, I have a screened front porch. No need to worry about my missing the sunshine. Actually yesterday wasn't really that bad of a day at all. I was having problems with the water pills making me go to the bathroom all the time but other than that I didn't have much trouble until the rain started to move through. Once Chris left on his errands, I let Dudley, our dog, out into the front yard to do his business and just enjoy the wonderful weather. I took my book and water to the front porch, sat down and read until I heard him bark to come back in. Dudley, that is. I kept the front door open so the wonderful, soft breeze could flow through into the house. After ten minutes more, I had to come inside to sit on the couch with my feet up for a little while. I'm still having cramps in my legs, but in all honesty, my doctor and I believe it's just the extra fluid working its way out of my system. I'm still drinking plenty of water since it's virtually the only thing I can drink now. I'm actually tired of root beer. Shocker I know since it is one of two carbonated drinks that I can drink that doesn't have caffeine in it and I like the taste of. We shall see.

I do know that I am feeling less bloated, which is a good thing. I can feel less stiffness in my joints but my Fibro isn't letting me forget that it's there too. I don't know what more I can do for the Fibro that isn't going to put me in a drugged state where I waste the day. I would prefer not to take any more medications if I don't have to because I want to be able to remember the day. So I talked with the insurance company about what alternative therapies would be covered under Chris's plan. The only thing they have at this point in time is acupuncture. Now, I'm not a big fan of needles but if it will relieve some of this tenseness and soreness that never seems to go away. I think I will give it a go. Since the insurance will cover it and I have heard it works for others, why not? My counselor thinks that guided meditation may also be the key I need to work myself out of a lot of the anxiety and panic attacks I have. Goes right along with my beliefs any way. Lol, how's that for ironic?

Today I am going to work on my cross stitch project. I would like to finish the section I'm stuck in before the weekend because Chris and I are going to try and do some Spring cleaning before he goes back to work. I plan to work on my editing and maybe even start a new story since Chris was telling me of his D&D characters from his junior high days. Lol, dang imagination! Hope you all are doing well. Take care and know you're always in my thoughts. :)

Love and blessings,
Kim


Edited at 7:57pm
See? Now we have the possibility of tornadoes tonight. Weather here never settles. Right now we have a thunderstorm warning but there have been rumors of tornadoes and funnel clouds. Got to get my candles and flash light. Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home