Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sun! Sun!

I can't believe it. Sunny and warm...at the same time! Spring is finally here. *does the limpy gimpy happy dance* Even though I'm still tired from all I had to do yesterday, I'm glad that the day is a sunny one today. Yesterday I know I didn't post but I was really tired and my hands/wrists were so sore from typing that I couldn't do much of anything else. I had a good time chatting with some old friends though. It was worth it. I did go to the doctor yesterday. For the past few weeks I've been feeling some cramping and aching in my calves. I noticed that I had gained weight even though I was watching my food intake and drinking water. The doctor agreed with me that I was retaining fluid so he started me on a week of water pills to see if they would take care of the problem. I don't know as of yet if I am going to have to use them all the time or just when I feel I need them. With the blood thinners, I have to be careful of what I take, even over the counter medicines could be dangerous for me. Today I am going to rest because I have some Spring cleaning to do with weekend before Chris gets back to work. I know I'm going to miss having him around to help me with some things and keep me company when I feel low. But on the flipside of things, I'll love having a few hours just to myself to do whatever I want, whether it be reading all day or writing or even sitting in front of the tv mindlessly watching soaps.

I'm still working through the third book of the LOTR trilogy. I so hope to finish it by this time next week. I've found a few "short" books that I can read and beef up my goal number a bit. Lol, that way I won't feel so bad when June comes around. Since Chris is going to be busy this afternoon and out of my hair, I can really spend a lot of time catching up with Frodo and Sam as well as the others. Tomorrow I am going to try and work on writing a bit to give my wrists a bit more of a rest. They'll need it after I go through my emails and posts that I need to do. So I'm off to do what I can. Before I go, would everyone please say a little prayer for my friend, "J"? He's not doing too well healthwise at the moment and my heart breaks that there isn't more I can do for him at the moment. Thanks in advance from the bottom of my heart. Love to you all.

Love and blessings,
Kim

1 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Patwoman said…

    Hi Kim! It's sunny and warm today and you're going to be reading? Come on! You know, as a writer, I fully endorse reading. But... the sun, girlfriend! THE SUN!!! We must get out in it and appreciate its return from its long winter vacation! Otherwise, it might go away again...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home