Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Winter returns

I knew that Winter wasn't ready to let loose its hold just yet. Waking up today was like waking up near an open fridge without all the smelly and oozing food. Okay, maybe that's not a good picture. Yet it's still that cold. Last night I could feel another front starting to move our way. My poor knees locked up and made walking very difficult. Sitting was painful. Good thing I was laying in bed and reading when I felt them tense up. It appears that I won't get what I had wanted done this weekend. I take that back. I was able to do a little bit of what I wanted, but I had hoped to do more. Chris and I were able to go to Wal-mart last night for a few things. I had decided what I was going to do for my mother's gift on Mother's Day. I know that it's still a couple months away but I must start early if I wish to complete it. I won't say what it is here just in case she stumbles upon this and reads it. No use spoiling the surprise.

Writing and reading took a back seat today. I had to use my pain medicine last night and it left me feeling druggy. I slept until last mostly because my body needed the rest. I'm not used to doing all the errands that I had to do last week. It will be nice to get out and about more often now that my mother has returned to work. Then again, it will take some getting used to as far as my body is concerned. I am planning on spending the rest of the afternoon and early evening reading the second LOTR book. I had planned to have it finished by now but life seemed to get in the way more than I had liked. I'm starting to doubt myself when it comes to reaching my goal for the end of June. But I'm not going to give up! Chris is set to go back to work the first part of April so I will have plenty of time to myself to speed things along. Lol, I don't know why I pile things up that I want to do. Maybe I set myself up for doubting, which works a little too well. Gotta make note of that so I can work on it. And now, I'm off to finish the email I was writing and finish that book. Hope your weekend has been a good one wherever you are. Take care always.

Love and blessings,
Kim

1 Comments:

  • At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey honey um... I decided to come and read your blog for once and I was thinking to myself when you said that once Chris started working again that you would have the house to yourself...WRONG! I do live only a few blocks away and you know i loe to pester you so i will be there. Well i don't have anyything else to say so i will talk to you later. LOVE YOU MORE THAN EVER!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home