Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Grey day today

I can't believe that it's been a year since he was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. We went through a lot those eight months of chemo and doctor's visits, staying away from friends and family who had the sniffles and just savoring each and every moment we had together. Even though the time went by so quickly, it seemed to just crawl by for us. I eternally grateful for all the love and support we received from family and friends, even those so far away from us. You all have meant the world to us both.

Today was his last chemo treatment. He will have a week or so to rest up and get back onto his second shift schedule before starting back to work in April. He came through this one fairly well, just a bit more tired than usual. I'm glad that he's only receiving one chemo med instead of the cocktail they had to use to kill the cancer last year. This time he didn't lose any of his hair. Just felt a little more sick to his tummy and weak. I'm hoping that passes quickly enough. Now we wait six months and repeat the process.

Today was a sunny day in the morning. Then the clouds decided to hide the sun away from us and bring rain/snow into our lives. Just when all the snow had melted that was in our yard, there's another possibility of it heading our way. Just something we'll have to deal with when it gets here, I guess. I'm feeling really tired myself. I was only able to sleep about four hours last night and sitting at the hospital for hours takes a huge toll on my body. I know my feet and ankles are swollen and they are so very tender to walk on right now. My hands are aching but that's normal when the weather changes anymore. I was able to spend a few hours with my brother after I dropped Chris off at home and made sure he was okay. My mom went back to work today so I had to give her a ride home. I hung out and laughed and annoyed Bill until I almost peed my pants. Got to love those memories. Not much else to report today. I'm going to make it an early night since I didn't get much sleep yesterday. Hope you all had a wonderful day with at least one smile given within it. Take care out there.

Love and blessings,

Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home