Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

Today is the start of the Christian holiday weekend to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. When I was going to church with my grandmother, this was one of her most favorite holidays. The services were both inspiring and yet scary for me in a lot of ways. To be honest, I think it was the pastor who made it so for me, but nonetheless, I still carry with me the message of hope that this weekend brings to all. Within the past seven years, I've been on a spiritual journey of my own, frequenting other churches and faiths to find something that would fill the hole within my own soul and make me feel complete. There were many questions, doubts I had about the faith I had been brought up with and yet at the same time there were parts that I have never forgotten. In all my wanderings, I haven't found anything that is 100% complete for me. So to fill the void, I have taken beliefs and virtues from several to form my own faith that sustains me. It may not be the accepted practice in today's society. Yet inside, I feel complete and I know who I am and where I stand within it. Yet the holidays still hold special places within my heart. I think back to the way my grandmother would bring us all together to celebrate the day and how she made it all feel worthwhile. Now that she's not able to do the things in the past, the distant memories are guiding me through the day, and making me extra grateful for having been a part of them no matter how long ago they were.

So today I hold as a day of reflection of what was, is and soon will be. I make it a day to remind me of the simple joys and to be thankful I have another day to see the sun shine down upon the flowers, hear the birds sing to one another and watch the clouds pass over head in their journery around the world. Very early this morning we had some several storms roll through the state bringing a lot of lightning and thunder. In a way the storm was beautiful set against a backdrop of dark clouds and a full moon. Normally I am afraid of severe storms but for some reason, after a little bit, it lulled me to sleep. When I woke a few hours later, the rain had moved on through leaving sunshine and bright white clouds for me to enjoy. The temperature has been warm as of late, almost summer like temperatures instead of spring. But it's better than below zero winter stuff! Chris is off work today because the factory observed the three day weekend. I know he's planning on doing some yardwork and cleaning of the garage so that there can be an "armor" shop in there. He and a few buddies are interested in doing a Medieval re-enactment with a group called the SCA. It's pretty fun actually. We've been to a few events. Kinda like stepping back into time. Keeps him busy and out of my hair some at any rate.

As far as my agenda today, I've got several letters to write and put in the mail. I've kinda gotten behind with being sick and all. Plus, I'm going to work on a new story that popped into my head a few days ago. I don't know where it'll lead just like I didn't know with the others but I'm always ready to go along with the ride. Seems to be going back to the first few things I wrote so it's almost as if I'm coming around full circle. I'm still working on the reading goal, one page at a time. Other than that, today is going to be an easy day for me since I haven't been able to take my Enbrel shot and won't be able to take it this Sunday either. I have bits of the infection still lingering and my doctor would like for me to be well before I take the shot again. I'm off to spend some time with Chris and my Dudley. Hope you all have a great and wonderful day wherever you are. Know that you are loved from the bottom of my heart.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home