Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Yeah! Sunshine!

Day two of the most beautiful weather. I know it's not going to last too long as the temperature is already beginning to rise higher than what one would deem enjoyable. But for now, I'll enjoy it. Today I feel much better than I have in a couple of weeks. My voice has come back somewhat. There are still times when I'm a bit squeaky. Lol, all in all, I'm glad to be able to even talk just a little bit. Poor Chris has to end his vacation from my annoyance. Muwhahaha! Just kidding. I'm not that annoying. Really.

I ended up waking late today because I was pretty much up and down all night long. My back was giving me fits again. I am glad to be going to the acupuncturist next week. Hopefully it will be able to take some of the stiffness out of my shoulders and neck area where I hurt the worst. For the past couple of days, I have felt like that are was made out of marble. Turning my head hurt more than anything else. Fortunately my hands and feet have decided to be nice to me the past week while I was sick. It always seems to me like they take turns hurting me the most. One day it will be my hands and make updating a struggle. The next day would be my feet making it hard to even walk to the bathroom. I live for these days when I'm able to prepare lunch for myself and even walk around the house without much difficulty. They are so few and far between that I am grateful to be reminded how I used to be before I was given this task of living with this arthritis.

Last night I had a visit from my youngest brother, Andy, and his girlfriend, Tami. I haven't really spent much time with them because they live in another town that's a little bit away from my hometown. When he does come up, it's usually catching up time on all that's gone on with him. We try and stay in touch by the internet but he's so busy with pursuing his dream sometimes it's easier to catch him two or three days in advance. He's always wanted to become a professional wrestler, like the ones you see on the WWE or TNA. I will admit that although I'm biased, he is a great wrestler. He has talent and the drive to make it somewhere and his dream to come true. I wish him all the best. His girlfriend, Tami, is a wrestler as well, but it's harder for women to get into the wrestling world due to certain ideas and practices. I know it's not right but unfortunately that's the way it works for women. I hope at some time that will change. Probably won't be for a long while.

Today I'm doing my updates and checking emails. I'm going to let Dudley go out for a while and play in the sunshine while I sit on the front porch. I can't be in the sun too long. I burn way too easy partly due to my heritage of Dutch, German and Irish. The other part is in thanks to my medication. Lol, but I won't miss the sunshine. I'm steadily working on a new story idea. Something that just popped into my head. We'll see where it leads. Hope everyone has a wonderful and awesome day. Know you are all loved very much.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home