Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Missing Posts part 1

Okay, seeing's how I missed a lot of days, I'll just hit ya with the highlights. Chris did go back to work on Monday, the 3rd, but came home at the midpoint of his shift. The smells of the coolant, diesel fuel, and oil were making him sick. When he woke up on Tuesday morning, it was a different story. Apparently he had picked up some kind of flu-like bug from work or somewhere because he had a fever, felt aches all over and had a sore throat. He went to the doctor who gave him the rest of the week off to rest and fight the cold since his immune system had been lowered by the chemotherapy. I fought it for two days before I had to go to the doctor myself. We were both given medication to take and have been taking it easy. My internet connection was interrupted this week because the cable connector broke. Then I felt like all my joints were on fire. So I slept most of the time. I did see my counselor on Wednesday. We talk about a few things that were on my mind that were kind of bugging me about past hurts. That and she was able to help me find a guided hypnosis/meditation cd that I am going to give a try as soon as I have a few minutes to sit down and listen to it straight through. I hope it works. As well as the acupuncture that I'm going to try on the 18th of this month. I just don't want to pop pills for the rest of my life if there's an option that will help me that doesn't involve pills. I take too many the way it is for the arthritis and pain.

Yesterday we had a bad day of storms roll through again. My sister-in-law and her husband were actually in an area that was hit worse than here because they had gone down to Nashville, TN for a family funeral. Since Chris and I were sick, we opted to stay here and watch after our nephew. From the news reports, I've heard as many as three tornadoes went through the city of Nashville. Luckily, they weren't hit with any of them but the burial portion of the funeral was put on hold until they were sure they could get to the graveyard. Here we had our emergency sirens go off twice. On the second round of sirens, we went to the basement and waited. The storms were moving so fast through our area that we were back upstairs within a half hour or so. I know it's a bit dangerous to wait until the second set of sirens but the sky was clear of menacing clouds after the first set of sirens. Once we had the all clear, Chris and our nephew went to grab a movie and some dinner. I have had a bad headache from all the pressure changes so I laid in the bed, reading to get caught up on my goal. Eventually I fell asleep only to wake up an hour and a half later to go to the bathroom. That's what I get for having to take water pills! Lol, but if it helps to keep my legs feeling well, then I have no problem with going to the bathroom. Well, yea I have problems getting to the bathroom but that's not what I meant.

I have really written much except in my journal or in cards to send to people as of late. I just don't feel like I'm inspired for some reason. Or when I do get inspired to write something, I'm so tired that I can't stay awake long enough to get more than a couple of sentences written. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to beat my muse into submission at some point. I'm still working towards my reading goal. I've reached 15 books so far and nearly finished with another one. I know it doesn't seem like I am going to be able to reach 50 by the end of June, but I'll not give up until the end of June as arrived. Then I'll still be pretty proud of myself for reading however many books that I reached. At least that's the way I feel right now about things. I'm off to get a few more hours of sleep before I have to be awake. I just thought to update while I was up for a bit. Hope everyone is well. My love to you all.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home