Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunny days....chilly nights

Thank goodness for the sunshine. The past few days of grayness has almost made me sad. This is supposed Spring. Okay, so we've had to have the gray clouds, but today is so beautiful. I'm planning on spending a little bit of time outside today helping Chris pick up some of the trash that's blown into our yard last week and just get things ready for Spring cleaning. Some people do it all in a couple of weekends. Me...it takes a long while to complete everything and then I still have to get Chris's help with it. Since he's still not feeling completely up to par, I'm just doing what I can and letting him do what he feels he's able to do as well. Between the two of us, we should be able to get everything done. We are both still sick with this infection stuff that we've been battling this past week. I'm still running a slight fever so I won't be able to take my Enbrel shot tonight. I still have plenty of Celebrex left so that if I start to feel too much in the way of aches and pains, I will have something to help fight the inflammation. Right now I feel really icky with a slight headache and sore throat, but I'm not going to let it ruin the beautiful day that's been given to me, well to everyone but you know what I mean.

I have begun book #17 for the year so far. I'm still far behind in the amount that I would like to have read to reach my goal. But I'm not giving up just yet. There's a number of what I call "quick reads", books that are under 400 pages. If I have some free moments, I can usually get them read within a day. With almost a month and a half left, I'm sure I'll get close to that goal of mine. I've had to put my cross stitch and writing projects on the back burner so to speak. Just until I feel a bit better. It's hard to concentrate on the little x's as your eyes water and blur from fever. Mainly I'm going to focus on reading until I am well again. I need to stay active though. I know if I don't, my joints grow stiff and ache much of the time. Since I have been out of the hospital, my activity level is slowly climbing. I was able to take a shower by myself for the most part. Chris did have to help me dry off and dress because I was having some difficulty standing and breathing. I'm getting there. :D One of these days, I may write in there that I was able to take a walk around the block without having to stop for breathing troubles. I am trying to get some of the weight off. I know I am limited in the convential ways since I am on blood thinners and have a decreased range of motion and activity. Yet, every little bit counts as I tell myself. So we'll see what happens. I know have a great support system. That's definitely a plus. For now, I'm off to do some reading outside and soak up that glorious sunshine. Take care all. You are all loved. :D

Love and blessings,
Kim

1 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey goober butt whatcha been doing. Wait i know you have been putting up with bry and chris...lol fun fun...not newayz just figured i would come read these blogs of yuors ttyl love you lots.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home