Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Hello Again

Yes, I realize that it's been an extremely long time since I have posting anything. I had hoped to do this update before now, but life just doesn't go as planned a lot of the time. Let's start with the long update, shall we?

I believe I have written about what was going on with Chris but I'll do a recap, just in case. He was having some problems with his hands toward the beginning of April after having a month of chemotherapy in March. We finally figured out, with the help of his oncologist, that he was having a rare reaction to the chemotherapy. Essentially this reaction caused both of his hands and both wrists to develop severe arthritis. The family doctor had given him Celebrex to bring down the inflammation, however, the medicine made his symptoms worse. The oncologist ran some bloodwork to verify what he suspected and then gave Chris a prescription for pain medication and time off from work to let the chemotherapy drugs work their way out of his system. We are now nearing the end of the month of May and we're having some difficulty getting his short term disability benefits. But I'm hopeful that the issues will resolve themselves soon.

Another bump in the road, so to speak, was the fact that my brother, Billy, had to spend a few days in the hospital. He had gone to his internalist for an ordinary appointment. The internalist noticed that something wasn't right and sent Billy on out to the hospital as a precaution. Good thing because during the night my mom called me to tell me that he was being transferred to the Intensive Care Unit because his blood pressure had dropped down to 45/15 and he wasn't responding to measures they were taking to stablize him weren't working quick enough. His doctors looked through his chart. There they found a pattern of him going into the hospital every 2 years for the past eight because his kidneys have nearly shut down. Therefore, tests are being ran to determine whether or not the Lupus he has in his lungs has actually moved to his kidneys. He was sent home a few days later with a catheter to ensure that his bladder and kidneys continued to work until he saw the kidney doctor. He's looking as though he's better, but we all know that looks can be deceiving.

My other younger brother, Andy, been steady working on getting further along the path toward his dream of becoming a professional wrestler. He's doing very well in my opinion and I do hope to see him make it big one of these days. I just wish that he didn't have to worry over money and such at this point. I keep both him and his girlfriend in my thoughts.

As for me, I don't know what I'm doing right now. There's so many things on my mind and not enough time in the day to get them out. I have reconnected with a lot of dear friends that I had lost touch with in the past few years. It's been a blessing to catch up with them. There are a few that feel awkward because of unresolved issues. I hope that in time those issues will disappear and we can have the close relationship that we had years ago. For now, I have been writing just a little. I need to finish the re-write of the Alan Smith novel but I have been putting it off for some reason. My other two are coming along slowly. This past weekend I didn't write at all except for journalling because we had the nephew with us. We all worked on the front yard, removing bushes and planting rose bushes in the front. I'll have to take some pictures when they start to bloom. As far as my reading goal, I do fear I'm not going to make it to 50 by June, but I'm still working on it. Not giving up until the bitter end.

Before I go off to catch up on emails and other things, just wanted to ask all of you out there that read this blog (I know it's not many) to please pray for a friend of mine. I will call him "J" since I would ask permission before putting his name out in my blog. His nephew and friends were involved in a car accident last week that ending in tragedy. So much sadness and sorrow as these guys were still in their teens. Light a candle, say a prayer, or send healing and positive engeries their way, please.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home