Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Time with family

As I'm sitting here typing this, I'm actually staying the night here with my brother, Billy. It's not very often that I get to spend a lot of time with him because of Chris's work schedule. But since Chris has the weekend off from work for the holidays, I jumped at the chance to come over and stay the night. Plus I needed a break from being around Chris. We've been having some problems as of late and I honestly think that it's because we have spent so much time together that we need some time apart to reconnect with ourselves. I'm really enjoying some time to just let loose and be free without having to hear Chris sound his disapproval at whatever I'm doing. My mother cooked a really nice ham dinner complete with macaroni and cheese, green beans and rolls. As we were getting ready to eat my other younger brother, Andy, showed up with his girlfriend, Tami. So it really turned into a Thanksgiving dinner of sorts. We all sat around and talkled while eating. Then we played with the dog a bit. Unfortunately since it's also Friday night I had to get my shot out as well. Poor Tami couldn't be in the same room as me when I was ready to take my shot. She doesn't like needles much. It was really good to see Andy and Tami even with some of the problems we've had in the past with each other. I know that people can change as they grow older, so I'm willing to give him half a chance. I'm not willing to talk to my aunt right now. Each day that passes brings a new tale of her deceit and pain caused to my grandmother. I'm really hoping that things come out into the light soon for my cousin, her daughter. It's not easy to believe bad about someone you love, but they are human just like everyone else and can make bad choices.

The weather here was a little weird and it's going to continue to be that way throughout the entire weekend. I know my dear friend in the United Kingdom is set to get a lot of snow. I do hope that she and her family staying with her are warm and have enough to last them should they be snowed in for a while. Here the day started off very cold. The temperature last night dropped down to 12 F and was very slow in warming up this morning. In fact, it didn't get any warmer until almost sunset. But the local weatherman is saying that we are to get as warm as 55 F by Saturday evening with a chance of thunderstorms. Needless to say that it's not good on the Arthritis front. I'm glad tonight was shot night. Maybe the change won't be so bad.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I received a kick in the butt to stop doubting myself when it comes to completing my Nanowrimo novel. So, Stacy, you won't have to hunt me down. Lol, I have been working on it steadily and have gotten just over 30k words at the present. The unfortunate thing is that I had planned on bringing my disk over here to my brother's with me and use his laptop in the bedroom but I forgot it. Oh well, I can make up for it tomorrow night if I can get Chris off the computer for a couple hours. I will not stop until I absolutely have to have it turned in. So yes, that means I'm not going to give up. Not much happening in the likes of excitement. I did get an email from a good friend of mine stationed over in Iraq. He gets to come home within a week. Yay! I'm really excited to see him. He's all grownup compared to the last time I was able to spend time with him. I hope this time around with him being home I can see him.

With that I must be off. I need to do a few more things before going to bed tonight even though I"m here at my mom's house. Take care everyone.

Until next time,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home