Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Feeling tired


Still raining and cloudy outside. I'm not going to complain other than to say I am glad I have nothing planned today except resting. I realize I didn't post yesterday. So much going on and I was completely exhausted by the time I was able to sit down. Thursday I was in a major flare that has continued to today though the effects are lessening. Still feel swollen all over and in a lot of muscle pain with joint aches but not as much as it was yesterday. Of course, Thursday night I had trouble getting to sleep. Friday morning Chris and I had to be up bright and early so that he could get round two of the Rituxan. Two more rounds and we're done with it for six months (yay). The first hour and a half was the usual sitting and chatting with Chris until he fell asleep. I worked on my cross stitch and then read a little. I did finish "The Hobbit" Thursday night and began the first book of "The Lord of the Rings" series. I know, I've already read them once, but they're next on my list to be read. They are awesome to read more than once anyway. As I sat there at the hospital, I could feel the weather shifting because my ankles were swelling and I felt as though my whole body was getting stiffer by the minute. By the time his treatment was finished and we drove home, I was barely shuffling along to get into the house. I made sure Chris was comfy and in bed before sitting with my feet up for just a little while. I checked through some of my emails and then I laid down for a while myself. When I woke up this morning, there was a thunderstorm going on. I stretched for a bit and then fell back to sleep for another hour or so before my body said, "Okay, that's enough sleep for now."

So I'm up and already going through emails after doing the usual morning routine. I had a hard time trying to get a bowl of cereal this morning but I know tomorrow is shot night, I'm going to try and hold on til then. I have letters to write and cards to mail today. Two close friends have birthdays next week and I'm going to try and make sure the cards arrive as close to the days as possible. The other new thing on my mind right now is what have I gotten myself into? See, Enliven services is a program set up for people who take the Enbrel shots for whatever reason. Because I've had a good response with the shot, they wanted to know if I would like to share my story with a division of their service department and basically become an advocate for others out there. Isn't that kinda what I'm doing with this blog anyway? A person from the advocacy office contacted me yesterday and as I told her my story and struggles, I knew that it felt right. Normally I don't just open up about things but this year I have, especially when it comes to my PA. In short, she really thinks it will benefit others if I take the step and become an advocate. I have to think it over because it could involve going to places and speaking in front of people which is something I sort of fear. So we'll see. I'm off to let Chris use the computer for a while but I will be back later. Have a good day everyone.

Love and blessings,
Kim

1 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Patwoman said…

    Kim, your blog is so inspiring. You should put all these entries together for a book. Seriously.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home