Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Whew, what a day!

Today was actually one of my good days. That reason alone is why I'm posting so late at night. I had a doctor's appointment with my family doctor to go over the results of my CT scan. When I got to the office, no one else was in there, so I went right back to see him. Guess what?! The scans were clear! No more blood clots in my lung. So I was happy about that although I told he that he could have just mentioned that on the phone instead of dragging me to the office. I needed to see him about my muscles knotting more anyway so it all worked out for itself. I'm upping my Celebrex to 2 a day for the next few days to get my body out of its "flare" state and then dropping back to one as needed. The rheumy had said that if I felt as though I didn't need to take the Celebrex, I could go without it. So far, I need it to get through this weather transition. After the doctor's visit, I went over to my mother's house for a couple of hours. It's always fun to visit my brother and be a little mean to his dog. The poor dog doesn't play much with my brother because Billy isn't able to get down and really play. So I kind of make up for that. At a little after noon, I left their house and came home. Chris had decided it was time to get me new shoes because he was tired of the ones I wear falling apart.

Once we were off on the shoe hunt, it was a little difficult to find the size and width that I needed. We went to four different stores and finally found a pair that fit rather well. Then I treated myself to a couple of new books. I know, I know. I wasn't supposed to buy any new ones until I was caught up with the ones on my bookshelves. I can't help it. I'm a bookaholic and yes, I admit it. The woman at the bookstore wanted to know if I was interested in working there. Lol, I laughed and told her that I wouldn't get much work done because I'd always be reading something. It was kinda nice to interact with people again. After being "stuck" in the house and only going out if I had to, today was a brilliant change. I tried really hard not to shy away from asking for help in finding what I needed and taking my time instead of settling for what I could get. The only problem I did have was walking all the distances. According to my doctor, it will take until May or June for my lungs to completely heal. But I'm still going to live as though I'm okay, just a little more aware. We came home soon after because I was really starting to wear out. Chris was sleepy anyway from not getting very much sleep the night before, so he laid down. I did the first part of my blog duties and checked a few emails before laying down for a nap myself. I didn't wake up until about 730pm! That's a long nap.

The only grey cloud hanging over me today was one that involved my friend, "J", and the fact he may have lost someone he loved dearly. I'm hoping and praying that there was just a misunderstanding with her being so far away and she's not gone. It's too much on top of everything that he and his family have been through in the past year that I have had the pleasure of knowing them. My heart goes out to him and their family, especially the baby girl. Hang in there, "J". We're praying for you.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home