Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Still raining!

Yep, still a rainin' as my grandmother would say. I would have loved to have been on her front porch once again, swinging on the wooden porch swing and watch the rain fall upon the green grass. I feel so far behind in all areas of what I try to do online that I'm almost about to give up. My emails, blogs, journals and MSN groups are all so far behind that I just wanna say forget it all. Yet I know that I won't because they all mean so much to me. They each are a lifeline to those that I value and love online. Even if I have to do it all just one at a time and remain behind for a while longer, then I shall because I can't give up on those I love.

I was supposed to have gone to the counselor's office today for an appointment. When I got out of the bed and started to get ready, I realized that I was in too much pain to go today. Unfortunately that means that we will have lots to talk about when I go in two weeks. I was able after about two hours of easy stretching to go over to my mother's house to pick up some DVD's that she wanted to give to me. No one there watches them any longer so she sent them to us to enjoy. I did work on my writing a bit to keep my mind off the aches and pains of my back and feet. I don't know why those places are acting up so much now than before, but I will deal with it as it comes. None of my joints are red today, just achey and annoying. The muscles in my back, however, are still cramping and just being sore. I hope that this flare ends soon because with the nicer weather coming, I want to be able to at least attempt to plant flowers.

Been thinking a lot about what life was like before I started to realize that the PA was taking away things little by little. It makes me sad to think that I'm only 29 and yet I'm disabled and not able to do even simple things like walk around the block with my husband and dog because of the pain it will cause me. I haven't been able to ride a bike in a long while because I've gotten heavy to the point where I have to have a special sturdy bike. It bugs me that I can't take my dog to the park and play with him because I can't run or skip or jump around without completely being knocked out the next day. Yet I have gained so much that I wouldn't have if I had been a regular person. I wouldn't have patience or understanding when others are having difficulties doing everyday things. I wouldn't know what pain was like and be sympathetic to those who hurt in a million different ways. I wouldn't have a chance at writing and maybe being published because I would have been too busy with a job to even start a sentence. I would have missed out on some amazing and wonderful friendships because I wouldn't have been down the path of joining support groups or knowing what they have gone through with the pain and stiffness. What I may have lost in physical abilities compares little to what I have gained through emotional and spiritual links with those who understand me. So I would say that I came out on top.

My heart still aches for my friend, "J" and his situation. I haven't heard from you in a while and I keep you in my thoughts and prayers, darlin. Everyone try to smile and tell someone you love them today.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home