Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Snow days


Snow days! Remember them? You know, the days you long for so that you don't have to go to school and take that test you haven't studied for yet? Lol, that's basically what we have here today. As you can see from the picture, it's snowy and white. We were supposed to have about six to ten inches drop on us last night. The fortunate thing is that we really only had about three to four inches this morning. If I knew how to program my digital camera right, the date would have been correct and on there. Lol, but everyone knows I'm not good with the tech stuff. I've had a rough couple of days to be honest. Everytime I wanted to do something or had plans, things were shoved aside or forgotten completely because of the weather shifting and my pain increasing when I didn't need it to increase. Laying in bed or sitting with my feet wrapped in a blanket isn't really how I had pictured the day going by. I will have to admit that it has been good for the reading I have wanted to accomplish. I did finish the first LOTR book and worked my way through a third of the second book. Maybe I'll have the second and third books finished before Chris goes back to work in two weeks.

Of course, he has one more round of chemo before he can go back to work. I'm thinking he'll spend most of next week resting so that he will be able to get through his first night back without very many problems. Then we'll have to repeat the process in six months. I'm grateful for the fact he may never have to deal with the cancer again. I just hate going into the cancer center! Nothing against the wonderful nurses and doctors, but it just gets old after awhile. I've spent too much time at that hospital already this year. I'm sure that I'll get over it but still. Ugh.

I've been in a lot of pain this week already and the temp is supposed to drop lower until the end of the week when we have a warming trend come through Indiana. I'm hoping that Spring will come here soon and chase away the snow. I need it be warmer so my joints will stop yelling at me. I hate the drugged feeling of having to take pain pills just to go to the bathroom. The only other bother I have is a headache. I can't tell if it's from a sinus infection, just a regular headache or if I should be worried since I am taking blood thinners now. If it doesn't let up by tomorrow, I'm going to call my doctor. Not going to take any chances with the blood thinners. But for now, I'm off to go through emails while I'm still able. Take care out there. Know that someone out there loves you all.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home