Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patty's Day!


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!

Sorry that it has been a few days since I have been able to post. Much of the week was spent in the bed with my feet and hands wrapped warmly, feeling druggy and not having too much fun. I did manage to check some emails during the week as the good moments would allow. Last night and today I am feeling much better because the cold front has already moved through Indiana. I'm hoping that we will now warm up and stay warm but not too hot. Summer will be here soon enough for that. Over the last few days I have been busy reading and trying to work on my novel. I haven't paid much attention to it through the last year because I was concentrating on Chris and then my own health problems. Now that I have some "free" moments from so much stress, I'm trying to write as much as I can. I'm feeling quite happy about it for some reason. I did finish "The Hobbit" and almost have made my way through the first book of the "Lord of the Ring" trilogy. While reading it though, I did manage to squeeze in another book titled "Riding Lessons" written by Sara Gruen. I am happy to say that I know her from my writer's group. Let me tell you, even if you don't like romance type novels, this book is excellent. It was a page turner, literally. I started reading it last night and could not go to bed until I finished reading it. I highly recommend the book. Way to go, Sara! Now I just need to get the other ones out there by her as well as by a gentleman named Tom who's also a part of the group. Lol, who knows? Maybe my bookshelf will be full of the group's work soon.

Today was also dose three of Chris' treatments. He has one more to go next Friday and then we're done for the next six months. He's not been too bad in the sick department but really has been tired more than ever. I am sure he won't be missing the chemo when it's over. I'm just glad we have some really great nurses and doctors in the Cancer Center here who make it worthwhile to come for treatments. We came home and crashed for a few hours because neither one of us was able to get any sleep last night. Chris stayed awake because he had slept most of Thursday morning and then couldn't get to sleep at a decent hour. I was up mostly due to wanting to finish that book and I will admit to sleeping almost all day on Thursday except for a few hours when I forced myself to be online and go through emails. Once I woke up earlier this evening, I mainly read. Lol, refueling my writing muse is what I call it. It was a good day for most of the day.

Well, except for when my thoughts turned to my friend, "J". Of course, that was most of the day. He lost someone he loved very much earlier this month and today was the day in which he was to say goodbye to her. My heart goes out to him and those who loved her and knew her much more than I did. It makes me sad to know that he's going through this after all his family has been through. J, know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers, darlin. Hang in there. I'm here if you need me.

For now, I'm off to get through a few more emails before calling it a night. I have much to do tomorrow in helping Chris to do a few loads of laundry and writing another five pages if I'm able. Take care out there and know that no matter where you find yourself in this world, you're always in my heart.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home