Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Indiana weather

Let me tell you, if you don't like the weather at the moment, just you stay and wait a few more minutes. I'm sure it will change to your liking! Lol, that's the biggest and longest running joke I've ever heard while living here. Just last night it was a beautiful night, crystal clear with just a touch of chill in the wind as it blew. This morning was a completely different story. Even with the sun shining brightly and giving off all the warmth it can muster, the wind is definitely colder and sharper as it blows harder against the houses and the people on the street. I'm glad that I don't have to think about venturing out until the afternoon. In fact, the weather man says that it is supposed to snow at some point this weekend. I don't believe we'll get a lot but I've been wrong in that department before. We shall see, I suppose.

My back is still hurting me most of the time. I know that it's the Fibro back there making things difficult for me. I have also begun to notice that my Enbrel shots are wearing off just short of the day I am to take them again. This week, I noticed that it wore off by Thursday evening/Friday morning. Tough time to wear off as I had to sit in the Cancer Center with Chris for four and a half hours on Friday. Fortunately the majority of the pain didn't hit me until I was at home and Chris was asleep. I was able to do a few things online before the need to stretch out on the bed hit me hard. My hands and feet are doing better, joint wise. They are still tender at times but mostly I can move. The newest development with my feet is definitely a painful one at best. I noticed for the past week or so that a rough and almost calloused part of skin was on the underneath side of my foot near the point where the toe bones meet with the rest of the foot bones. I have sanded it down but apparently the joint bone is pressing the layers of skin downward while walk and creating a deeper callous. So I will have to invest in some cushions for my shoes as well as for the callous.

But my day seems to be a creative feeling one. I am to finish emails as well as taking care of that cross-stitch project I have yet to finish. Hope all is well.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home