Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tried something new

Today, I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something completely new to me. I had gotten the urge to call the insurance company to see if they would cover massage therapy or anything along those lines so I could get some relief from the fibro and joint pain. Not on a daily basis mind you, but something to help me so I didn't have to go on a bunch of different drugs just to combat the muscle stiffness and be so out of it that life passed me by without a glance. It was the insurance company that told me about the doctor here in town who does acupuncture. He sat with me for about twenty minutes going over my health history and telling me everything about the procedure, what he uses and how he does it. Then he went ahead and did a small procedure on me to see if I would be able to tolerate the needles. All went well. In fact, I felt nothing except for the small electric current he placed on the needles in the ankle area on either leg. The doctor even placed a heat lamp to shine on my back. It was such a wonderful and soothing feeling. I almost fell asleep. To be honest, I didn't even feel the needles going in except for one or two. Yet after they were in for a few minutes, I didn't even notice them.

I'm really glad that I went through with it and not chickened out at the last minute. I remember coming out of the office smiling because my neck felt really good for the first time in a long while. For the rest of the day I am going to work on my reading and write a few letters that I have been putting off. I just want to enjoy this relaxed feeling and not do too much so that I will have to pay for it later. Hope all is well with those out there I love and cherish.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home