Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Halfway to myself

It's turning colder again. The weatherman is talking about rain and snow that will come our way later in the week. Then it's supposed to warm up again. This type of weather is so good for colds and even the flu to creep in and make life miserable for people. Hopefully the only thing I'll have to worry over would be how much pain I'll be in instead of whether or not I'll get sick. I have a headache today. It didn't start until about an hour ago. Plus my feet are really bothering me. They're super tender for some reason. I hope I will be able to go over to my mom's later tomorrow. I promised her I would and I don't like to break my promises if I can help it. Today wasn't that bad of a day, really. One of the packages my mom ordered for me arrived yesterday so I had some nice, new clothes to wear that actually fit and look nice on me. So I washed them as well as a couple other loads of laundry. Chris didn't have to work yesterday because the factory was running low on parts. We came home after dropping Mom off at home and took a nap. Then I started the laundry while he worked on washing some of the dishes. I hope that with his time off due to the holiday shut down, we can get the house cleaned. I can only do so much on my own.

Today after I picked Mom up from work, we stopped by a little, family owned jewelry store to see if we could find some gifts for a few of the nurses who were extra special. They were either those that Billy cherished or they did something extra special the day Billy passed. Mom and I both agreed that we'd just let ourselves be guided by Billy. It didn't take long before we found what we were looking for. I drove Mom to the hospital so that we could give the gifts to them. It was the first time I had stepped into the hospital since Billy passed away. It didn't feel odd or anything like I thought it would be. It was more the people making me remember and feel a bit sad. I guess I don't have any excuse for not going to get my protimes done, huh?

I'm going to keep this entry short. This headache is really starting to hurt so I'm going to go lay down for a little bit. Have a wonderful evening/morning everyone.

Love and blessings,
Kim

1 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Howdy Kim,

    Just thought I would say Hi. Hi. I hope that by the time you get this post you are feeling much better.

    OOG

     

Post a Comment

<< Home