Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Weird Weather

That's about the size of things here in my little town. Last summer, we had some wild weather that ended up causing our town to flood massively. The street I live on and a few others was basically the island of dry land on our side of town. It's taken a fairly long time for the town to rebuild itself. But yesterday we had one heck of a downpour all at once. Several areas of the town began to flood again. The rivers and creeks began to spill from their banks. I have no doubt that several people affected by last year's flood were feeling anxious that this was going to be a repeat. For the damage that the heavy rains and severe weather did, it really wasn't as bad here as last year. So I'm thankful for that. However, the front didn't help my pain level any. Lol, I spent most of the day feeling as though someone had placed me into a vise and forgot to release me. Today is a bit better. Still feeling the muscle ache and the exhaustion. For some reason, I have had very little to no energy over the past two weeks. The doctors aren't sure what's causing it. Of course, it could be a number of things. Most likely, it's a combination of the Fibro kicking my butt and the Arthritis saying, "Oh, an opportunity to sneak in!"

I do have to admit that we've been having a mild summer so far. Not really a lot of hot, humid days as of yet. There's some expected over the weekend but really, we're below average. I'm not too saddened about not having them. Even though my breathing seems to be getting better, I do have trouble on the really humid days. The lung doctor wanted me to wean myself off the oxygen during the day except for when I was being active and then to wear it while sleeping. So far I have managed to spend many days with the oxygen off for a couple of hours before I have to wear it a little while. Since this month is basically "touch base with all the doctors month", I have a lung function test at the end of the month to see if my lungs are doing ok and if I will continue with the oxygen or not. *fingers crossed* Okay, not really since I'm typing. You know what I'm saying.

Still trying to read 100 books in a year. Lol, I have the books to do it. There's plenty here. It's just that I get so tired that I start to nod off when I read a few pages. Not to mention that I'm doing some super secret craft projects at the moment. I try to spend some time doing a little bit of everything and spoil my dog rotten. Even though there's 24 hours in a day, I feel like my days have been shorter since I haven't rested. I think I'm up to nearly 40 for the year so far. In March and April, I did a huge amount of reading since I really wasn't able to do a lot after getting out of the hospital. Since I've been getting stronger, I have been reading less and working on other things more. I still sneak some pages in there. Just need to do it more often, I suppose. The other thing I really need to do more of is writing. Since Billy died, I haven't really sat down and had a five hour writing session of old. Maybe one day.

For now, I'm tired. Probably going to lay down. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home