Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It's COLD!!!!

Okay, so I know it's winter and all, but do we really have to have bone-chilling temperatures? Holy snow flurries, it got down to 4 degrees F overnight and it isn't much warmer at the moment either. Our poor heater just isn't up to doing battle against this deep of a chill. The wind is also pretty bad as it's below zero. The only thing we have to look forward to is a "warm-up" to about 55 degrees F or more coming this weekend. It's supposed to drop sooo much tonight. Probably will be below zero by morning. Brrr!!! It is also been forcasted that we'll have rain that will turn to snow after the weekend. Honestly, I don't know which is worse. We'll have the bone-chilling temps or slippery roads as the rain turns to ice while the temperatures drop back down below freezing. Oh, the joys of winter weather in this lovely state!

Not doing much today. My hands are bothering me a bit and the weather makes moving more difficult than ever. But the weatherman says there's gonna be a warm up so I'm hoping it comes fast. Lol, for now though I'm just taking it easy. I plan to spend some time playing on the computer after updating here and then Chris and I are going to seal up a couple of windows that have let in the really cold air. Other than that, I'm going to try and formulate a small workout routine that I can stick to. I need to lose this weight so I can ease up on my joints before I lose them. To be very honest, I also don't want to spend my days like my brother by being stuck in a house and not doing anything. I want to live and experience things. Plus I do want to make a difference in the lives of others with lupus. In order to do all that, I have to be able to move. Therefore, I need to be healthy. That's my goal. Not a resolution, but a goal. To be healthy.


So I'm off the computer for now. Be back tomorrow. For now, stay warm and have a great day!

Love and blessings,

Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home