Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Beautiful Day Today...

It is really a beautiful day. Actually more of a beautiful morning when I was awake just as the sun was coming up. Good thing about pain medication is that it doesn't take a lot to knock me out. That was something I needed last night for certain. I was able to do a load of laundry yesterday but it really took all my strength to do it. I even folded the laundry once it was finished drying for the first time in a long while. I didn't get to put it away though because my back was screaming at me to sit down and stop doing things. I finished the day off with a few more chapters being read as well as writing a bit more on one of my stories. The last time I looked at the alarm clock it was just a little after midnight. I didn't remember anything until I woke up this morning around seven. Chris couldn't sleep through the night because he was having muscle spasms in his back. I'm going to have to remind him to tell his doctor about them when he sees the doctor later this month. They become more frequent over the past week. I don't know if they are part of the same origion (reaction from the chemo) or something new.

The sun was out in full effect this morning. The early hours were really pretty to be outside or on the front porch. It took me about an hour this morning to get moving without a lot of pain. Not as long as it did yesterday but still longer than I'd like to spend doing stretches and other exercises just to move. I had made up my Miracle Grow and water solution last night in a small watering can so I could water my rose bushes after I woke up. That's pretty much all I have finished for the day. I do have a load of towels in the washer. Once I get those done, I probably will be stuck in my chair the rest of the day. I'm still glad to just be able to do a few things. Makes me feel useful. Yes, before I get lectures out there, I know I'm useful in other ways. I don't have much else planned for the day so I might just spend it reading or writing. Not going to be indoors the whole time. I have a little tray table that sits out on the front porch in case I want to spend time out there. I've been letting Dudley go out and just lay in the grass whenever I can because I don't want him to be constantly stuck in the house. Besides, he likes to harrass the birds in the yard just as much as they like to harrass him.

I'm off to check on the laundry in the washer. I hope everyone is having a good day filled with many smiles and much laughter. I am glad to hear that Tropical Storm Alberto hasn't done a lot of damage down in Florida. I was really worried about a good friend of mine who lives close to Clearwater. Seeing an email in my inbox this morning definitely made me feel better about her being there. I'm also keeping a fellow writer friend of mine in my thoughts. He has had a death in the family of a young life. So if you could say a prayer or two for them, I'd appreciate it. Hang in there.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home