Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Daydreaming on a Saturday morning....


Hello again, dear readers. Sorry that I have missed the past couple of days in writing to you. I have had the worst time with feeling really stiff and pain in every step that I made myself rest until I felt good enough to do even the smallest thing. The picture you see there was taken the day of our big cook-out here. I had help in planting this rose bush in the front yard. Chris and our nephew, B, put the little stonework fence around the flowerbed a day or two before the cook-out. There is a second rose bush to the right of this one at the other corner. I'm hoping that they will bloom next year. I don't expect them to bloom this year, but if they do, I will definitely get pictures of the lovely blooms for you all.

The weather is a little on the icky side today. We are forecasted to have scattered showers. As much pain as I have been in, one would think we'd have something to be compared to when Noah had to build his ark! But it's only rained slightly so far today. Just enough to get the ground wet. I'm hoping to start on laundry here in a little bit. Most likely after I finish this post. I had wanted to work on the flower bed a bit, but I can't get down on the ground even if I wanted to right now. Not very exciting day planned, I'm afraid. As I have cruised through a lot of other blogs, I've noticed how plain and boring mine may seem when compared to others. It doesn't bother me though as this is the story of my life as I live it. I'm sure that others who have kept blogs have found their own to be boring a time or two. There's something to be said of being persistant though.

I was able to work on my afghan a little more over the past couple of days. I'm slowly getting near that finish line. Chris will be so happy when it's finished. He's been wanting to use it now for the past two winters. Lol, it really is warm. That's why I can only stand to do a few lines at a time during the day. Chris went to a yard sale yesterday and found a really nice sewing machine complete with bobbins, extra needles and some thread for $40. Before he left with it, he had plugged it in to see if it would work. It works just fine. So now I have a sewing machine that works and I can do all sorts of little projects that I have been wanting to try. I plan on finishing the cross-stitch project and the afghan before starting anything else. Lol, I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't. I'm also pretty proud of myself. I just finished reading book #26 last night. I know that it's no where near the 50 books that I had said I would read by the end of this month, but I hadn't counted on all the interruptions either. I think even getting 30 books read by the end of June will be a great thing for me to accomplish. I still have until the end of December to have read 100 books. I think it will be a bit easier to do now that I've gotten quite a few of the large books out of the way. That's what I call books who have more than 300 pages. So we'll see.

I am off to begin laundry and the other housework that I can do before I can't do anything all together. Hope you all are having a wonderful day or evening wherever you are. Take care.
Love and blessings,
Kim

2 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sis,

    Since you have a new sewing machine maybe I can get you to try your had at making some wrestling gear. It would be a great way to make some extra money. I know alot of people that would get some stuff if you were good at it. Anyway sorry we haven't talked for a bit I have been really busy. Hope I will get to chat with you soon. Today is Marc's wedding day we are going to Lafayette to see him take the plunge hopfully me and Tami will be the next ones. You and Chris take care and I hope to see you both soon.

    Love
    Andy

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home