Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Just another manic Monday...


The picture to the right goes out to all the people who have been stopping by this little blog of mine. Though many of you don't leave comments, I do appreciate the fact that you've been stopping in for a few seconds to see what it's all about. Big hugs goes out to those of my family who have stopped in. I didn't think you guys noticed I had been giving the link out. Nice to know you would support me.

Today is going to be a hard day to get through for me. Not because of anything major. Just a lot of little things that need to be done and too much stiffness and pain to do them. I took a nap yesterday which messed up my sleep schedule almost entirely. I didn't fall back to sleep until 5:30 am and woke back up around ten this morning. It took me about an hour and a half to really getting to the point where I'd be able to move without a lot of pain or stiffness. Right now the level is tolerable but I have a feeling with the tropical storm threatening landfall and the storm system to the west of Indiana, I'm not going to be feeling anything but pain for a while. It's definitely not something that I would wish on my worst enemy. There's a bunch of housework that I've been putting off for a few days because I haven't had the energy or felt like doing it. All I've wanted to do the past few days has been rest though I've tried to do a load or two of laundry or pick up the living room. I haven't dusted or anything like that in a few weeks. To be honest, it takes me nearly two weeks to do what some people can do in a day. I have to work a little bit, sit down for 15 to 20 minutes and then try to get a bit more done before I have to sit down again. By the second or third time resting, my back is hurting to the point where I can't stand or sit comfortably for an hour or more. It's truly frustrating to me to look back on my youth and see what I was doing ten or fifteen years ago compared to now. I feel as though I am an eighty year old woman sitting here doing nothing except what I can to keep my mind for walking out on me. Okay, enough feeling sorry for myself. On with the posting!

I'm going to try and do some things around the house today. Maybe a load of laundry and putting a few dishes in the dishwasher (that thing is a treasure!) if I'm able. Most likely I'm going to work on the afghan a little more. I did manage to get Chris convinced that I needed more yarn to finish it completely without having to take it apart again. Lol, he promptly went to the store last night and bought three more skeins of the soft navy that I have been using. There goes my excuse for not finishing it this year. Lol! Once I do some work on that, I'm going to work on my cross-stitch. The bad thing is that someone spilled soda on it. I'm going to have to wash it to see if I can get the stain out. If not, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I may be able to cover the stain with a matting once I frame it but I'm not sure at this point. There's still about ten more cross-stitch projects that I have to do anyways. Not like I won't have any if I don't finish the Native American one. My reading is still coming along nicely. I'm already about halfway through with book #26 and hoping to finish it in the next day or two. Only 74 more books to be read by the end of December. No biggie. Lol!

I hope everyone out there is having a good day. I know that times have been rough for a lot of my friends, both online and in real life. The bad times always stick out in our minds because of the hurt they bring. But there are good times. So please hold on and keep going. I'm always there with you every step of the way.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home