Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sunshine and sadness

Today was a fairly nice day. Not a whole lot going on because I really needed a day to just rest or play on the computer without worrying about things. My niece stayed with me last night. I'm glad she did because I really needed a distraction from some of the things that's been on my mind as of late. Chris went to get my mom from work yesterday, picking up my niece on his way back home. We did the usual girlie thing of chatting and laughing about stupid things. Since there is an extra computer in the house, we were both able to play on computers at the same time. It was kinda funny because we were just one room apart and yet we were using the instant messenger service to talk to each other for a bit! Lol, after doing that she brought out a movie for us to watch. She had seen it before but I hadn't. So we popped it into the dvd player. It was called The Hills Have Eyes. It wasn't very scary although there were several times when it was really suspenseful. Being raised on the likes of Friday the 13th and Halloween movies, I wasn't scared by the movie at all. But it was pretty gory. The way they ended the movie definitely left it wide open for sequels if they choose to do them. I wonder what movie she's going to have me watch the next time she stays! Lol, hopefully it will be another good one.

I haven't done much in the way of crafting stuff as of late. I don't know why I haven't paid much attention to the crochet or cross-stitch projects. I've just been really focusing my energies on reading and writing when I can. Even when I was staying at my mom's house for a couple of days last week to help Billy out a little bit, I wrote for about an hour each day. What is odd to me is the fact that I began working on a story I started nearly six years ago when Billy was going through a really bad time with his Lupus flaring up a lot. I had stopped working on it because it seemed that each time I did anything with it, Billy went back into the hospital. And yet last Monday, I started working on it again. So far, so good. We'll see what happens with it. My niece read what I had written last night and told me I needed to keep working on it. She also said she was going to steal my poetry and get it published in a book. Lol, I love her to death but I think she's biased when it comes to liking my works. We'll see what the future holds. I'm not sure that people want to read a book of poetry nowadays anyway. As far as my reading goal goes, I'm still stuck with book #35. I just can't seem to get into the story. I don't know why either. I've almost given up reading it three times now but I know that I will feel as though I hadn't really given it a chance if I don't keep reading. So we'll see what happens. I'm off to do some more emails and maybe play a bit before I feel the need to write some more. Take care!

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home