Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Feeling better

Yep, I'm feeling better today. Seems the front has worked its way out of Indiana so I can actually move today. Last week was horrible in terms of pain and not being able to do anything more than just walk around the house if I felt stiff and had to move. I would have to say that this time of year is the hardest for me to get through without pain medication. Sometimes I can go without it in the spring and summer but not the fall and the first part of winter. Last year wasn't so bad because I was taking the Enbrel shots. Those shots were my miracle. It's really too bad that I can't take them anymore right now. My rheumy told me that if all else fails that I can start back on the shots but I don't want to risk it right now. I can't really afford to end up back in the hospital for another blood clot. I will say that when I do take the Salsalate I'm able to move more than if I didn't take anything at all for my arthritis. I'm glad to at least have something that will help me if things as rough as they were last week or worse.

The weather today is beautiful though. I couldn't have asked for a better day. You can still feel that winter is on its way even as the sun's still shining. There's a definite chill in the air. I bet we're going to get an early snowfall this year. Of course, Chris doesn't want to agree with me. Lol, but that's just how it goes here in Indiana. We have a short list of things to do over the next week to prepare the house for winter. With Chris's messed up schedule from work, he'll have some days off at the end of the week (unless the company changes their mind and makes the employees work the rest of the week). He's planning on trimming the bushes and getting things in the garage squared away. On the inside of the house, we've got to go over the windows and put plastic on those that will leak cold air into the house as well as checking to see if we have any leaks with the heating system. It's a boiler type of heating system that sends boiling water throughout the house to heat the rooms. I love it because it's safe to sit near the registers without fear of getting burned badly. Plus it's not much of a fire hazard. But we do have to make sure there aren't any leaks in the pipes before winter hits. Lol, just to be on the safe side.

I plan on doing a bit of laundry today if I'm able. I know it needs to be done but I'm not sure I can do more than a load or two. If I can at least do that and maybe straighten a little here and there, I'll feel as though I'm actually contributing to something around here. I just want to feel useful. I've been doing well on my writing and reading goals. I've now read 46 books so far this year. Since I wasn't able to do much over the weekend, I took the opportunity to read as much as I could. I got three and a half books read before today. Lol, the bookshelves are starting to thin out as I'm planning to get rid of the books that I don't think I'll read over again. Some are going to stay just because they are parts of collections of my favorite authors. But most of the books I would read two or three times over if I had to. I'm still working on rewriting my novel. Slowly but surely I'll get it done. I've set a goal for myself to write at least a full page (front and back) and a half each night by midnight so that I keep making progress on it. If I don't write on that particular story, then I still have to write a page and a half of another. Just as long as I'm writing something. My good friend, E, turned me onto these amazing podcasts that I've been listening to over the past few days. It's called "Writers on Writing." To me, it's the push I need to get serious about my writing. It's always been in my blood to write and create worlds with my words but I've been lazy when it comes to really getting myself in a state of discipline where I'm writing each day. I had been doing that with my journal (the one I keep offline) but after all the rukus that happened a few weeks back, I've not been as consistent. I'm trying to get back in the groove of things but I'll admit that it's difficult to say the least. I know once I keep at it that it will become second nature. It's just getting to that point! Lol, I will though because I want to do something with my writing.

Still keeping each of you, my dear friends, in my thoughts and prayers. It's been a rough year for a lot of you and I'm right there with you every step of the way. If you ever need me, I'm here. Take care of yourselves.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home