Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9/11


Five years ago today life changed throughout the United States. So much has changed and yet many things stay the same. I know that I will never forget where I was and what I was doing on the morning of September 11, 2001. It's a day that will forever stick out in my mind. I loss the childlike innocence that I had about life on that day. Instead of going over where I was or what I was doing, I just want to say thank you to all the men and women who answered the call to defend our way of life in this country. I may not agree with the war itself, but I do support those who give their lives to defend me though I have never really met them. I also want to take a moment and say that I know that the loss of loved ones will never be mended in the lives of those who suffered the loss. But I pray that they be comforted that there are those of us still here that will never forget and will continue onward, honoring their memory.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, today was a very solemn day for me. I really should not resent the entire Islamic nation, but I simply can't help myself. While I am suffering from tremendous bodily pain and a terrible sense of mental loss, I know that 9/11 was 'just one of those horrible things in life that happens when you have fanatical overly zealous religions' that feel like theirs is the only true religion. Perhaps that is why my 'religious' views have changed so dramatically. The folks that live in the Middle East live in "Middle Age Times' and do not intend to change their beliefs which is a necessary part of life. I cannot change the way that these ignorant people choose to think and these ways they choose to live their lives. I feel so sad and so sorry for those people that lost their lives, the survivors left behind to mourn them, especially families that have lost a loved, essential member of their lives. There are actually people that believe that Americans should move on with their lives, forget about mourning the many thousands of innocent people that lost their lives, and those that lost a close family member. I usually try very hard not to hold things against people, but Jihads and the most radical Islamics have earned my hatred. I truly don't believe that anything or anyone can ever change how I feel. I know that people are
    supposed to find it in their heart to forgive those that have made horrible mistakes, but the radical Islamics need to stop trying to force the Western World and other countries that theirs in the 'one and only true religion.' I will never be able to forgive these atrocious crimes they commited against the American people -- the people who try so hard to help the rest of the world. I have tried as hard as I possibly can to make the best out of a day that will always haunt me. I wish love, world peace and the ability to get through every 9/11 without getting more bitter as time goes by. I have too many other important things and
    people that I care about to let this day of sadness ruin my entire day. Hopefully, time will help heal
    some of the hurt caused by these
    'infidels and misguided' criminals.

    To my dear sister... I hope you and Chris feel better soon. My thoughts are with you daily, as are my own permanent aches and pains, as well. We will persevere as long as it is humanly possible! ~smiles~ I think about you both every single day and always leave hope for the best!

    Love and Blessings To You Always,
    Your Sis

     

Post a Comment

<< Home