Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Scattered Showers


Dudley says welcome back to the blog!

Okay, he really didn't say that. He just barked a couple of times but it still counts, right?

The past couple of days have definitely had their ups and downs. Actually, they've had a bit more downs than I'd like them to have. After my one day of feeling much more like myself and being able to do a load and a half of laundry, I spent the past two days feelings stiff and in pain again. I had to take it easy so that meant no computer until last night when I'd finally began to feel as though I could move again without too much pain again. Pain is something that I have learned to live with over the past ten years. Not a day goes by that I don't have some sort of pain, whether it's severe or just irritating and limiting. I can remember being a child and falling down or getting hurt in some way. I'd just pick myself up, brush off the dirt, see if I was bleeding and then run to Mom if I was bleeding. If I wasn't, I'd be back playing or doing whatever it was I'd been doing before getting hurt. Nowadays if I hurt myself in some fashion, I have to sit for ten or fifteen minutes to process the pain, cry if I need to, and then try to start again on whatever it was that I was doing. I'm not going to do much today at all. I'm just not feeling well and needing to relax and take it easy. Not to mention the fact that I haven't been able to get enough sleep lately because my poor dog, Dudley, hasn't been feeling the best. He's had a tummyache and is just now getting over it. I can't sleep when I hear him whine and cry so I've stayed up with him. Lol, I'm pitiful, huh?

Things are trying to look up. Chris learned Monday night that he will probably be working full weeks from Monday onward. That's a great thing because we really need the money to pay up the doctor bills and other bills that have been falling to the wayside because we haven't had any extra money to pay them. It's sad when you have to let bills go one month to pay another and then reverse it the following month. It's not a really good thing for our credit but what can we do? I've tried to get help and there's not much since Chris is working and we do have a friend who shares the house expenses with us. If we didn't have the friend, we could have qualified for a whole lot more. Unfortunately, we'd also have run the risk of not being able to keep our house for long. It was definitely one of those situations when you were darned if you do and darned if you don't. But we'll make it through. My faith hasn't let me down since I've been serious about it for the past ten years. I know it'll help us through this time of trial. I just have to make myself stay positive.

There's a lot of ideas running through my head for stories and poems as of late. I just wish that I was able to sit and type everything that I have in my head. I know that I should get a small tape recorder so that I could sit down and just speak in it whenever I get a chance. Especially for when I'm sitting in the car or something of that nature. I may have to drop a few hints to the family for Christmas time. *winks* Other than that, I'm proud to say that I've nearly reached 50 books in my reading goal. Yes, it's far later than what I wanted to have read that number by but I'm pretty proud of myself anyway. If I had a bit more discipline, I bet I could increase that number. Lol, that or I could just find a bunch of quick reads. I'm still making myself write at least a page and a half everyday that I'm physically able. No excuses other than the one I allow myself when I'm not able to even hold a pen in my hand at all. That's the only one. I'm trying very hard to stay focused and work dilligently on getting things in gear. I reached my goal of having a novel completely written before I reached the age of 30. Now I just have to work on getting it a bit more realisitic so that I can sell it possibly. Who really knows what may happen. With all the ideas in my head, I'm sure one of them will be a good one. Just got to find it.

So, I'm off to work on reading for a bit. Then quite possibly some writing. Hope everyone is having a great day or night whichever it may be where you are. Take care.

Love and blessings,
Kim

1 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kim!
    I just thought I would pop in and see how you and Chris were. I am praying for your friends little girl and of course you too and your family. We have had heavy rain and thundertorms here in the English Lakes. Looking outside is like swimming around in the gloom of a dark pond. Everything is still so green but some of the leaves are beginning to turn and fall. I agree with you...I reckon we are all going to have an early winter. Praying for you to have a little bit of respite from your pain. Love your journal and the interesting threads you leave us. Take care
    Hugs
    Jeanie xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home