Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Expecting the Snow

Yep, that's what I'm doing right now. Expecting the snow to start falling at any moment. The temperature was nice yesterday, near 60 degrees F but today it feels so much colder than the 43 degrees F that the weatherman says it is. It's been raining off and on the past two days. Yesterday I was so swollen that my shoes felt as though they'd burst when I put them on. But I still went and picked my mom up from work because, well mostly because I wanted to see her. We've kinda been dancing around the subject of Billy's passing over the past couple of weeks. I mean, we start to talk about him and then we stop. She told me she feels as though she can't cry on my shoulders about Billy because of everything else I'm going through. What she doesn't truly realize is that I don't really want to cry on her shoulders about it because of the same reason - she has so much more going on inside that I don't want to add to whether she's my mom or not. One of these days, we'll be able to laugh and cry over Billy together. I know it's going to be a while though.

Because of how bad I was hurting yesterday, I was pretty much knocked out. I took my pain pills and just laid around. I tried to get up and do a few things to straighten the house but whenever I would try to bend or put more weight on one foot than the other, I felt as though I was having some knives being shoved into the bottoms of my feet. After awhile, I get used to the feeling and it doesn't bother me very much as it does when I first start to move. But I wish I didn't have to feel that at all. My hands haven't been painful although they have been very swollen. I've had a hard time opening things that weren't a problem a few days ago. I guess I just got spoiled by all the awesome weather that Indiana was having for the last few months. We've had some unseasonably warm weather and now Mother Nature is back on the right course. That's why I wouldn't be at all surprised to see snow on the ground in the next couple of weeks. Either way, I'm glad I spent yesterday with my feet up for the most part. I was able to start working on my reading goal. I'm almost finished reading the first book. Okay, I should have been done with this book by now, but I've been making myself stick to a routine of sorts so that it limits my time sitting in one place. That's one thing I'm not supposed to be doing. Chris and I did buy a home gym as I'm sure I have written about before. We can't use it just yet because we have to put it together first. Plus it would help if we had all the necessary pieces and parts before we attempt putting it together. There was an automatic two year warranty just for being the gym system so all I had to do was call them. The company is shipping the parts free of charge. Whenever we get them, Chris will put the gym together. Then I have no excuses for not trying to do even a little bit of exercise. In fact, Chris said he was going to quit smoking this year should we be able to get the gym together (and correctly). Having that will give him something to do when he gets antsy and feels as though he needs a cigarrette. One of our goals to work on together is to get healthy.

For today, I mostly laid around again. I did get up and waddle around the house a bit a few times. For the most part I've been working on a few stories and reading. Taking it easy. I am planning on attempting to do laundry tomorrow. So we'll see what happens. For all my readers (the few there are), I just want to say thanks for stopping by. I know it can be a bit boring. But if you have any questions over anything, feel free to post them in the comments and I'll do my best to answer them. Take care.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home