Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Feeling Blue

Not feeling so peppy today. Been feeling achey and not wanting to move. Some of it is the arthritis taking its toll on my joints but most of it has to be some sort of flu/virus that Chris or I have picked up somewhere. I've been waddling between the bathroom and my bedroom several times since I woke up around 11 this morning. Hopefully it will just be something that lasts for a day or two and then I can be my usually annoying self again. The weather isn't helping much as it won't make up its mind whether it wants to be winter or spring. Here we've had some days that we would normally experience mid-spring. Then the nights feel like what the winters should be. Mix into that a little bit of rain and you've got the perfect recipe for sickness and days of pain, swelling and just plain old ickiness. Therefore I have decided to spend the day laying about and working on a few things that won't involve me sitting here in front of the computer all day. I still have to do my required time writing so I may just prop myself up in my bed, get comfy with some drinks next to me, a little bit of something to munch on, and set pen to paper for awhile. I really want to finish the story I was working on for the NaNoWriMo challenge that I didn't finish last year. (Feels so weird saying last year when it truly doesn't feel like it's been that long ago.)

Spent some time talking with my mom today. She's been in contact with the offices of a couple of our Senators about getting some more attention to the disease, Lupus. One of the office assistants was kind enough to give us some ideas of what to do in order to get the ball rolling, so to speak. I know that Mom and I are in this fight together. We both feel as though we don't want the suffering and pain that Billy endured to be have been in vain. We want to bring people's attention to the fact that even though he went through all these horrible and painful episodes, he still smiled and made people laugh. He kept that positive attitude throughout the past twelve years. If we are able to make it so some little boy or girl somewhere doesn't have to make the decisions Billy had to make or go through the pain and the treatments that Billy had to endure, then I believe that Mom and I will have been successful. I want to give people hope, hope that they aren't alone in what they're going through, hope that people do care and want to help, hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and things will be better. I'm not talking about religion, but that there will be a treatment regime that puts Lupus into remission and makes it so that the person will never be bothered by the disease again.

For now, I think I will go through a few emails and then work on my reading goal and writing a bit. Not wanting to really do anything but I have to do a bit of something to make the day feel worth waking up for. Take care out there.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home