Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Housework...bleh



Look! It's my Dudley! He just wanted to stop by and make an appearance in my blog since it's been a little while between now and he last visit. That sneaky little dog is actually sitting by my side as I'm typing this. Lol, he'd much rather be lounging outside in the sunshine but it's so cold outside when the wind starts to swirl around that I don't want to leave him out there too long. If it were to snow and stay cold, I don't think he would want to stay out there for so long. However, with the sun shining and the birds still coming around to hop along our fence, he wants to be out there. So I just had put up this picture of him pleading for something.

I have decided to get a little bit of housework done today whether I wanted to or not. I can't sit and do nothing any longer. I promise to pace myself, not to overdo things. So far I've gotten a load of laundry in the washer and some cans put into the recycle bin. Now I feel exhausted and I still have a loooooong list of things to do. Okay, I should say that the list is made of things that I think should be done. So I'm just going to be happy if I get two loads of laundry done and a bit of the living room straightened. There's some kind of chest/sinus congestion bug going around. Chris and I have both woke up the last few days with extra drainage. I went through the house and sprayed Lysol on all the doorknobs and surfaces that needed spraying. I used to do that once every two weeks or so, but haven't been doing it as often in the past few months. It became a habit when Chris started chemotherapy two years ago. I guess I'll have to keep it a habit throughout the cold/flu seasons. We did get our shots for the year. I'm just hoping that we stay away from the tough colds for awhile. I don't really need anything else to worry over at the moment anyway.

I have been working on my cross-stitch projects once again. I still have to finish the one I've been working on for the past year. I tried to do bits and pieces of it as the mood would hit me, but I never really worked steadily on it as I have been doing my reading goal or my writing goal over the past few weeks. I'm made sure to at least write for 15 minutes in my journal. I don't really have a formula either. I just write whatever comes into my mind. I've nearly finished my first book of the year. Yay! I'm making really good starts on all things that I want to accomplish this year. And yes, that does mean the exercise portion of my goals as well. My rheumy had warned me against using the joints that are tender/inflammed because I could cause further damage to them. Off and on over the past week, I kept doing these stretches and flexing exercises while I was stuck in the bed. That way I was not just laying around. Today I did my five minute walk. Okay, I mean waddle. Geez, you guys just keep expecting the truth, don't ya! I'm really proud of myself so far. Starting things is the easy part for me but continuing them to the very end is the hard part. You all are my witnesses that I must keep trying. With that being said, I'm off to put the laundry in the dryer and then I'll have to have a rest for a bit before putting another load in the washer. Take care everyone. You're all in my thoughts.

Love and blessings,

Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home