Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Taking It Easy

The past week has really been a painful one for me. I'm talking every sense of the word too. My hands have been swollen so bad that going to the bathroom became a challenge as did dressing myself or even getting a shower. Then once my hands began to slowly decrease in size, my feet decided they wanted in on the pain action. They didn't swell as much as my hands but the bottom of my feet were definitely tender. I am an overweight woman, not afraid to admit it. I am taking steps, although small ones, to correct that but for now I have to deal with what I got and that's a lot of junk in the trunk. So easing that weight onto tender feet feels like a thousand little knives stabbing me all at once. And walking...oh man, does it suck! Therefore I had been lounging a bit and trying to do small things here and there. After countless times of bumping my hands or stubbing toes, I finally just said forget this and stayed in the bed most of the day. Chris did a few home improvements to make it easier for me to access the net while still in bed. This doesn't give me an excuse to stay in bed all the time, but gives me an avenue to stay in touch. And yes, of course, that means that I can keep my blog up. *grumble grumble* Just kidding.

I have been doing a lot of thinking but most of it is mixed up. Whenever I start to write things out, whether here or in my offline journal, it just seems like I'm rambling. I mean, there is a flow to the ramblings but it just doesn't have an ending. I want to post some of them here, but I just don't want to make people feel confused at the end. Maybe I should have a section for ponderings. Something to think about. I know a lot of the ramblings center around the fact that Billy's birthday is coming up very soon. While talking with a good friend of mine, she reminded me that the first year is always the hardest. I certainly hope so at least. For now I'm going to send a couple of emails off and then I'm going to relax for a while. I don't want to push myself too much to make things worse than what they were before. So, I hope everyone out there take sit easy as well.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home