Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Food Network is Evil!!

Lol, not really. They just picked this week to be about chocolate the WHOLE week. So I'm watching the programs for quick meals and see these rich, chocolatey creations that make me gain weight just by seeing them. Darn you, Food Network!!

Okay, so I don't really hate the Food Network. I like watching many of the shows because I start to get ideas. Some of the recipes I can't do because they tend to take a lot longer than what I'm able to stand without hurting myself in the kitchen. Shows by Rachel Ray (even though she can get annoying sometimes) and even Paula Dean help me to see that I don't have to just pop one of those microwave meals in and suffer with all the sodium and things that I have no control over. Since the start of this year, I've been trying to watch what I eat and get a bit more exercise. Like I stated in one of the earlier posts, I don't want people to say that I didn't try to do something. I will admit that I haven't been able to keep up with my three day a week small workout routine on the home gym. The days that I get up and it's workout day sometimes are also the days when my arthritis is in full flare effect. I can't hardly take care of myself well let alone work out on the home gym. I have managed to do it at least once a week, so I have kept up some sort of exercise going on. Plus when I've been stuck in the bed, I've tried to do some stretches that Billy had been given by a physical therapist when he had to undergo rehab after being in the hospital for over seven months.

Today is just a regular day with not a lot going on. I woke up about noon when Chris had to get up to get ready for work. He was supposed to wake up a bit earlier to leave early because we got about six inches of snow on the ground earlier this week. I wish that my digital camera had fresh batteries in it so that I could go snap some pics of the snow. The entire time it was snowing I just kept thinking that winter had waited so long and now it's going to have some things to say before spring takes over. I'm glad it waited though. I really couldn't see burying Billy in the snow. I think it would have been much harder to watch his casket being lowered into the ground with snow all around. Why I feel that way, I don't know for sure. I just know I do. I think today I'm just going to work on getting some more things caught up. I know I have said that I don't know how many times. But in all honesty, it's true. I haven't been consistent in doing exactly that. Some days I will doing what I need to get things from falling behind. Other days I just leave everything alone and just play. I know I need those days. Either way I'm going to work through some of my messages and such for a little bit. Hope that everyone stays warm or cool, depending on where you live. Stay safe.

Love and blessings,
Kim

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Kim ,
    Just passing through to red up on a few things...hope you are feeling a bit better today. Hugs Jeanie xxx

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Patwoman said…

    Hi Kim! Hope you're feeling okay.

    Haven't talked with you in a while, so guess what? I tagged you for the Six Weird Things About Me game. Come on, I know you've got 6 you can tell...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home