Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year...New Hope

So it's a new year. A cold and snowy new year here. Lol, when I went to bed last night, the wind was howling like you wouldn't believe. When I woke up, flurries were playing in the wind but not sticking on the ground. However, when I looked out the window just a little bit ago, it seems like the snow was starting to stick in the windows of the cars and in the cracks of the sidewalks. The weatherman says that we're going to get some really cold weather and then it's supposed to warm up over the weekend enough to allow us to have rain instead of snow. Not that I don't appreciate the warmer weather but the up and down of the temps and the barometric pressure is really wreaking havoc on my arthritis. The past few days have been harsh because the weather fronts coming through the state. My right hand has really been having a tough time as of late. I can sometimes open it all the way but mostly it's only allowing me to open it halfway. My pinky on the right hand doesn't like to bend without pain nor does my thumb. I know the rheumy was concerned about my hands on my last appointment so we'll have to see what he says this time around. I know that I need to start taking my arthritis meds like I'm supposed to. I just haven't been because we didn't have the money to get them and all the places that I've gotten money before are strapped for cash themselves. Hopefully once Chris gets back to work, I'll be able to be on my meds like I'm supposed to be.

Last night, we actually got to see some fireworks near our house. There is an old mall that is being demolished for a new construction project. Since it's been around for the longest time, city decided to have a community New Year's party and have fireworks before the place is closed forever. The great thing about living just a few minutes from downtown is that I didn't have to be out in the cold to watch the fireworks. Patches (our new puppy) wasn't sure what to make of the fireworks and the noises at first but then he didn't mind them too much. That leads me to believe that he won't have much of a problem with the 4th of July celebrations when it comes time for them. Patches was also introduced to snow for the first time. Lol, he hopped around like a little bunny before flopping down and licking the snow. He decided it tasted good. Since we haven't had a lot of snow fall and stick around, he's not too sure what it all is but I have a feeling that before the winter is officially over, he'll know what snow is real well.

I've been a good girl and worked on some of my outstanding projects. I have a few crochet projects that really need to get done soon so I can mail them off when we have a bit extra money. I feel really horrible for making things for people and then not being able to mail them off but we just didn't (and still don't) have the money to do it at the moment. Yet, I am determined to find out how much the packages will be and save up for it. Yes, even if I have to do it all year and send them out for Yule! I'm also backed up on my cross-stitch projects. There's so many that I want to get done. I really wish that my hands weren't they way they were. If they were even at the standards they were 5 years ago, I could get so much more done. But now, I just have to do what I can and then rest. The same goes for writing, typing or doing emails. I can only do so much now. There really will come a time soon when I need to look into getting one of those voice programs for the computer so I can continue to keep up with the emails and even chat with my friends online. Either that or I'm going to have to teach myself how to write with my left hand. I can write a bit but it looks like a little kid's writing. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. Of course, my reading goal for the year will be 63 books. Since I was able to read 62 books in 2007, I figured that I would increase the goal by one so that I wouldn't feel like an underachiever if I didn't reach 100. Not to mention the fact that anything over 63 will be extra awesome in my book.

The other thing on my list to do is to try and get my house cleaned from top to bottom. Of course, there are way more things that I can't do than what I can. I'm going to try and do what I can though. Chris is going to have to help me more so than usual. Maybe one of these days when I sell a couple of novels, I'll be able to hire a maid. Lol, that'll be the day. For now, I'm off to sit and relax. Tomorrow begins a new year of getting fit and trying to get caught up on all the things that I have let slide after all that happened in 2006 & 2007.

Have a great day all,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home