Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Cloudy days continue...

I know my past few posts have been a little on the heavy side of things. There's just so much going through my head that I can't get it all out at one time. When I sit down to do my posts, some of that falls through and into them. At first I had thought this blog was going to just be a record of what my days are like, how much pain I go through and what limitations I had during the day as well as some information about recent health related headlines. But in reality, this blog has been becoming a bit more than that. It's something that has been helping to sort through all the jumbled thoughts that I've been having here as of late. I do apologize if that makes things seem dark or bothers some people. I don't mean to do that in any way, shape or form. I'm just trying to find a way that I can get through this journey called life without hurting others or myself.

Today we have had storm clouds hovering over us but not that many storms have come through our area. It seems fitting as the ashes are still settling over at the lumber yard building that was burnt to the ground. The fire marshall has ruled that the cause of the fire is indeed arson so the investigation begins. The fire department used over 1 million gallons of water to put out the blaze. Flames shot upwards of 60 feet in the air at one point. Hopefully they can catch whoever did it soon. I know that in this town we've also had a rash of robberies as well. Someone even robbed our hospital! I just hope that whoever did it figures out that move probably wasn't the smartest one for him to do. My niece stayed the night again last night with me. We ended up playing on the computer a bit together and then watching some movies. I finally made it through all of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I have tried to watch that movie and something always seemed to need my attention right when it would get to the good parts. She and I also watched The Grudge last night. I hadn't seen it either. I have becoming a fan of Japanese horror movies ever since I saw the movie, Audition. It had the right amount of psychological terror in it mixed with the right amount of gore. It was fun to get wrapped up in the movie and jump at the same time when the scary bits happen.

I also was in a really odd writing mood yesterday as well. All I did was write before my niece came over. I even wrote for about two hours after she arrived. There's just something inside of me pushing me to write more and more. Maybe my muse finally came back from vacation. We'll have to wait and see. I'm just hoping that it leads to me finishing some of the stories I have been working on and reworking through for the past few years. I'm so good at starting them but not so good at finishing them. Although that is something I'm working on everyday that I can. I finished my #33 book and started the next one. I'm getting closer to my goal with more than five months left in the year. Any bets on just how many I'm going to have read by the end of this year?

My pain level is extremely high today. No medications for the arthritis is taking a toll on me. I wake up in pain and spend most of the day trying to figure out a way to get through the next minute. I'm trying really really hard to stay positive and keep myself from lingering on the pain. I just don't want to go through this any longer. It is going to be another week and a half before I see my rheumy if no one cancels before then. Sometimes if another person cancels in enough time before my appointment, they will call me to see if I want to take the appointment time. Maybe they'll do it again. I don't know. I can't go back to living the way I did before getting on the Celebrex or the Enbrel. I can't lay in bed every other day because walking to the bathroom took too much out of me. I have too much life still left in me! I just got to keep going.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home