Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Grey skies....sleepiness

Yes, I'm posting late today. My niece stayed with me again last night but this time I was able to get a few hours of sleep before I picked my mother up from work today. I dropped her off at home after stopping at the local Dairy Queen and getting one of their flavored ice drinks called Arctic Rush. I had a watermelon one while I ordered a lemon-lime for Billy. I knew that we both couldn't have very much of the treats so I ordered us each a medium size. When my mom and I arrived at the drive-thru window and the lady handed us the cups, we both just looked at each other. The mediums were the same size as the larges! After I dropped Mom off at home, I drove home myself and split mine with my niece. We played on the computers a bit. Then I got her interested in a book written by a fellow author who is also a part of a writer's group with me. Once Chris was ready, we went out to eat and then dropped her off at home.

I fought all day to stay awake so that I could take my medicine on time. The past few days have been really hard on me with the weather changing a bit combined with the fact I am no longer taking anything for my arthritis right now. The doctor and I want to make sure that my legs aren't swelling for some really dangerous reason. Therefore, we're crossing things off one thing at a time. I told Chris when we got home today that I would almost take the extra few pounds of water weight and deal with it if I could have taken just one Celebrex to help me move easier. I had wanted to get a few more loads of laundry done as well as a little bit of cleaning the house this week. So far, I haven't been able to do any of it. I am glad that I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so that I can let the doctor know everything that has gone on this week. Hopefully I will be able to do something about the stiffness instead of just taking the pain medication. Plus I will also be able to type better than I am right now. It's taken me a long time to just type this entry so far.

Thanks for the comments. I do appreciate them very much. (23!!!!!!!!!) Lol, inside joke. Sorry. But answer one of the comments, I am reading the Harry Potter series. I'm currently on book 2 of the series and working my way back through them. I didn't intend to read them before book 7 has been rumored to be released. It just kinda happened that way. I did put the reading and the writing on hold to watch the two hour special of Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes that was on television tonight. Oh, how I enjoy his writings. Not everyone does and that's okay. But I have since I was a little girl. I think I will love his works until the day I die. I'm off to take another couple pain pills. Then I'm going to read until I fall asleep. I'll try and update after my doctor's appointment tomorrow. Take care of yourselves.

Love and blessings,
Kim

1 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    woohoo... i am famous... 23 23 23 23... woohoo...lol we are so stupid yet we enjoy it... have fun reading and stuff... tell poopoo head i said hey... love ya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home