Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hi again...

I haven't done a proper blog entry in a really long time. So I thought with some of the people stumbing upon my blog through searches that I would at least start doing the Health Headlines portion of the blog once again. I may start the Daily Inspiration portion back up soon but I don't know yet. There's been a lot of things going on here and in my mind as far as thinking about growing up and getting older. For the past year, I've been getting hit, so to speak, by these moments of thinking when I realize that I'm not really a child anymore. That line of thinking really did hit me hard on Sunday. Chris and I had our nephew over to help mow the yard. I had been thinking about my health because I had a bunch of bloodwork done on Friday to get a baseline about my health. I have made a change to take things a little more serious when it comes to being healthy and getting up and moving more to get some exercise. Monday morning rolled around and I received a call from the doctor's office. He wanted to discuss the results from the bloodwork. Good thing I already made an appointment to talk about the swelling in my legs. I do know from experience that the office wouldn't call me unless there were changes to be made in my diet or exercise. We'll see what happens though. I know from keeping a food diary the past week that I don't eat a lot of food or anything that is really bad although there are days when I do have fast food. So it's a matter of starting an exercise program that I'm able to stick to doing three times a week. Thankfully there was a program set up by Chris's insurance to have a registered nurse help us to manage our health. I talked with her a lot about the Fibro and the arthritis and how it's really easy to overdo things and get frustrated because it's not enough only to have the cycle repeat itself over and over again. The only way I'm going to stick with an exercise program is to start slow and increase. I can't just jump into a program halfway. That upsets me some because I don't want to start at such a low number of reps or walking for only five minutes a day three times a week. It seems like I'm such an idiot for not being able to do more.

Yet I'm willing to give it a try and be true to myself about these things. It's the only way that I'm really going to change things within myself as well as my body. I have been trying my hardest to stay that with those people in my life I have a hard time saying no to. It's the only way I can continue to grow and be proud of who I am. I need to take time for me to make sure that I'm able to move around the next day and feel like a regular human being. I may have waited a long time to start working on some of these changes. I'm just proud of myself that I'm doing it and wanting to stick with it.

I haven't been working on cross-stitch projects or the crocheted afghan much in the past few months. No real reason why other than it's just something I haven't been focused on much. Mostly I have been reading and doing a lot of work on my writings. I have gotten to book #32 already for this year. Working steadily toward that goal of 100 by the end of the year. Of course, I've stumbled across the Harry Potter section of my bookshelves. Lol, those books start out short and grow longer by the latest ones. It helps me to reach the goal, however. Not to mention the fact that I really like them anyways. I have my niece with me again tonight. She stayed with me Monday as well. I don't get to have her over as much as I'd like but we still have fun when we're together. Sometimes I have to stop being her friend and be the aunt. Thankfully not as much as some people have to be with their nieces or nephews. I'm off to finish a few things before we hit the sack. We've been up for awhile and with the storms, it's time for some sleep. Take care out there. Please know that I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and blessings,
Kim

1 Comments:

  • At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see how it is... What about 23... lol...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home