Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oh, where to begin....

Yes, it's been a fair amount of time since I've been here to blog. This month has really been hard on me and I've been forced to limit the little bit of activity that I do. On Saturday (7/15) I was trying to pick my dog up when Chris decided he was going to make a smart-alec comment to which I went to playfully smack at him. When I did, I felt a sharp, stabbing pain in my left shoulder. From that moment until now, the pain hasn't really left. I did go and see the family doctor on Monday for several reasons including the shoulder. I had to discuss the other health issues that have been going on for the past three weeks. My doctor and I finally figured out that all my water weight gain was coming from an interaction between my blood pressure medication and the Celebrex that I have been taking while waiting to see the rheumatologist. So that means no more Celebrex for me...ever (or atleast I'll have to be off the dosage of blood pressure medicine before I can take it again). That pretty much means that right now I'm taking absolutely nothing for my arthritis. Not a good thing if you ask me. Yet not much I can do until I see the rheumy on the 31st of this month. Our weather here definitely hasn't been nice either for me. Humidity levels have been high as the temperatures have climbed into the 90s here. Not too uncommon for July in Indiana really. But compounded with the humidity, it's unbearable. The other subject my doctor and I talked about was my cholesterol test results. For being overweight, my results weren't really that bad. My total cholesterol is under 200 where they would like it to be. I do have some work to do on raising my good cholestrol number because it was really kinda low and I need to get my bad cholesterol down. It's only off by about 35 points which about what my good number is lacking. So if I can work on getting the bad one down, I'm hopeful that the good number will come up. Right now the thinking among us both is that I just need to work on losing weight. I already eat fairly healthy, although I do have my moments when I eat what I'm not supposed to. I do need to increase my activity which isn't that much of an option right now. Then we finally got to my shoulder. Since I can't take the Celebrex to get the inflammation down, the doctor decided to give me a cortizone shot. It's helped so far but I still feel like someone's wedging a knife in the space between my neck and shoulder. Of course the Fibro makes everything worse anyway. That was on Monday and today it still feels like there's something in there stabbing me whenever I try to stretch my arm out completely. I'm probably going to call my doctor tomorrow and let him know it's still really painful.

Needless to say that I haven't been up to doing anything. It's taking me a long time to do this entry today. It's the first time I've sat at the computer for more that fifteen minutes at a time. Okay, I have to take a break every fifteen but it all adds up in the end! Lol, with it being so hot and humid, I haven't done much with the afghan. Common sense thinking, right? Lol, my cross-stitch projects have taken a backseat as well for now. I hope to work on them again soon but I don't know for sure when I'll work on them right now. I've just been doing a lot of reading and working on my writings since there's not much else that I've been able to do. I think I have some sort of creative ADD because I can't focus on a project for too long before going off to start or work on another one. I have three stories that I'm working on and I can't stay focused on one for more than an hour at the most. So I've been going back and forth between them. Maybe I'll get them done a bit faster this way. I'm not sure but I'm going to try. I would like to some day see if I can get them published. :D That's a big dream of mine. Always has been. I've already fulfilled one goal of actually writing a full novel by the time I turn 30. I actually achieved that a few years ago. So we'll see what happens. I'm up to book #33 and working my way through them steadily. Of course it helps that I haven't been able to do anything BUT read in the past two days.

Oh! Before I forget, there's a couple more things I want to say before I log off for now. One is that I finally saw the interview I did with the local She magazine that is published throughout south central Indiana. They did a piece about bloggers and called me up. It's not much but it's a start! Lol, a few paragraphs is cool nonetheless.

Two, I want to give a late Happy Birthday to my brother, Andy, who turned 25 on Monday. He's working really hard to achieve his own goals in trying to become a wrestler. I'm sorry I didn't have the money to get you anything as of yet. But I hope that this year of life brings you that much closer to getting where you want to be!

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home