Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Friday, July 07, 2006

The last few days..

Today wasn't such a bad day as I thought it was going to be. Yesterday (7/6) I went to the doctor and talked with him about all that was going on with me. I hadn't had a physical in a while so we decided just to get a baseline for my health since I'm wanting to make changes to get healthy. He wrote out an order for a bunch of bloodwork that I had to not anything for 12 hours before having done. So I came home yesterday and did some work on my stories. I also got to chat with my good friends, E and Stacy a bit. I hope I helped make their day a better one. Chris and I then laid down for a bit because we were both in a lot of pain yesterday. Seems like his arthritis was acting up and my back was bothering me a lot more than it had the day before. I woke up before he did because my back was sending sharp, stabbing pains down the right side. That's pretty much all yesterday was ~ a day of relaxing and catching up with a few things.

Today was a little bit different but not by much. I've been to the hospital laboratory and had my blood drawn. They only took four vials of blood this time. I should get the results back in time for my next doctor's appointment on the 13th. I made the decision a few nights ago to get healthy instead of just trying to lose weight. I'm hoping that will make a difference in my mindset so that I can actually acheive the goals that I want. So we'll see where it leads, shall we? The weather was beautiful outside today. It was in the low 80's and a pleasant breeze blew to keep it feeling comfortable. I sat outside for a few moments to read while Dudley played in the yard. Now I'm trying to do some laundry. Lol, it's not going as well as I had planned but I'll get it done eventually. I have a list of things that need to be done around here and it seems to be growing more than I can cross things off of it. No matter. I will just keep plugging away at them until I get them done. I wrote for about a half hour today before my train of thought ran away from me. I don't know why that happens. Lol, I get into a groove and just write away. Some days I can write so long that I forget to do things like eat or take my medicine. Good thing that Chris checks up on me during those times. Other days I can hardly make myself write in my journal. My muse is a funny one. I plan on working a bit more on my stories before the night is over.

I've been doing a little bit of thinking here lately. I've begun to notice that I'm reaching the level of not being able to do things just as I was before I began taking the Enbrel. It sort of makes me feel like I'm going backwards, instead of getting better and doing more, I'm doing worse. That thought can wreck havoc on self-esteem if one lets it. I have been getting a few people coming to the blog from different search engines. So I will do a recap of what this blog is about. It's mostly about my life. I live with a disease called Psoriatic arthritis. I have several joints that are affected by the arthritis and also large patches of psoriasis on my scalp, knees and elbows. I have been living with this since 1995, shortly after I graduated from high school. I have been disabled for a long time now because the arthritis and broken down the joints in my hands and feet to the point where it's hard for me to do many of the everyday things most people accomplish within minutes. Yet, I know that I have this for a purpose. Maybe it's to bring more attention to those who would be able to help move the research into helping people living with this or even to let someone who's been suffering from the same things know they aren't alone. I know that my blog can get a bit boring as there isn't much excitement that comes along in my life outside the occasional visit from friends and family. But this is me and my life. The little accomplishments I have each day keep me focused on trying to get better. If any of my readers out there have questions they would like answered, I do have ways you can contact me and I'd be more than happy to explain whatever it is you need to know. Or leave me a comment. I'll make sure that I get them. In the meantime, take care of yourselves and remember to smile!

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home