Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!

Sorry that this post is so late in coming. The past few days have been filled with holiday gatherings and I have been so exhausted at the end of the day. Yet they have been good days. Good in the sense that I was able to get out and enjoy the weather a bit as well as spend time with family and friends. Yesterday (7/3) Chris and I went over to my mom's house for a July 4th celebration thingie. Actually Chris didn't get there until about 7pm which was okay because it didn't get dark enough for fireworks until nearly 10pm. He went over to his sister's house to help her do a bit of renovating on her sons' room. I had Chris drop me off at Mom's early so I could hang out with Billy and pester their dog a bit. It was really fun. We just chatted and watched some tv together. Of course I took my digital camera over there and took a bunch of pictures. Finally I got one where he wasn't flipping the camera off. Lol, that's his standard pose for some reason. Dad cooked some hot dogs out on the grill while Mom got the baked beans and potato salad ready. Then we munched down for a bit. For dessert we had a strawberry jell-o cake, which was really light and fluffy so it was perfect on the hot day! Once Chris had finished doing some of the work at his sister's house, he came over to Mom's and grabbed a bite to eat before it got dark. After the sun started going down, we all headed outside to sit on the porch to watch the fireworks go off. This was the first year that Billy sat outside to watch them go off. Last year he wasn't in the house but he couldn't sit outside in the heat. He had to watch the fireworks through the windows of the door. In all honesty, I have to say he's been doing a lot better since getting out of the hospital this last time. He did really well sitting outside for as long as he did while we watched the fireworks. There had to have been enough let off to fill at least an hour's worth of time.

As soon as we got home, it was time to relax a bit. Chris and Pete, one of our friends, went to Wal-mart to get a few things for today. Just some hotdogs and hamburgers with the fixings. Of course, they also bought some fireworks to let off here at the house. It's a very good thing that there is a huge backyard for them to let these off in. Otherwise, it would have been awkward letting them off. The day was muggy and really warm to start off with, almost hitting 90 degrees F again. I woke up early and began doing some laundry because I felt up to it. I was also able to wash out the utility sink a bit. I let Chris sleep in until almost 1pm. Then I had to lay down myself for a little bit. I just felt blah so I took a nap. I woke up a little before 5pm and played on the computer a little before it started to get dark outside. We did have a little celebration over here at the house with hotdogs and all. Then about 9pm or so, Chris's sister and her family came over and we lit off some fireworks. Hanging out and having a good time was on top of the list. Now I'm doing this update like a good girl before I go write in my offline journal a bit.

Speaking of writing, I finally started to work on my first novel once again. I had laid it aside a few years ago just because I couldn't find the direction the story was supposed to lead. I knew it would work itself out eventually but then a lot of life things got in the way of my being able to focus on it entirely. I have reworked the first chapter and starting to do the same throughout the rest of it, page by page. I don't want to change much of it and yet I do want it to sound plausible with today's technology. Yes, I'm still working on that reading goal. I did not meet the goal of having 50 books read by the end of June. I did, however, read 26 books entirely (I'm halfway through book #27 right now) so I'm very proud of myself. I will do my best to reach the next goal of 100 by the end of the year. With a little more time on my hands, I just might be able to do it. We shall see. For now, I'm off to do some old fashioned writing. I sincerely hope that everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday.

Love and blessings,
Kim

1 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you are a very brave woman for over vaming all the limitations that you think have been set in front of you. Keep up the good work and just remeber that you have a big group of friends behind you if you need support. l8r charlie bear

     

Post a Comment

<< Home