Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Move over Fall

Winter has come to stay. For the past three or four days, the temperature hasn't reached about 50 degrees F and last night was the coldest night so far. It dipped down to 28 degrees F! So cold that I was cuddling with two blankets. We've turned the heat on, but for some reason I was extra cold. I have heard a rumbling that we're supposed to get some snow by the end of the weekend. I really hope not. The poor trick-or-treaters will freeze! Lol, it hasn't snowed on Halloween in a really long time. But I have a feeling that it just might do that this year. We'll just have to wait and see.

I can't believe that it's less than a week before NaNoWriMo starts. I have written out a small routine that I'm going to do my best to follow as closely as possible. Maybe it'll even help me sort out this problem with getting in the mood to write. Yes, I know that you can be in any mood to write, but after reading a review of a newly re-written chapter of mine, I'm starting to pay attention to whether or not something seems forced and not going with the flow of the story. I have to say that the review wasn't as harsh as it was for draft #1 of the chapter. Lol, for that I'm grateful. It also lets me know that I am improving, even if it's a little bit at a time. It means a lot to me right now. I really want to make things better with my writing and there's pretty much one way to do that - keep writing. That's what I'm going to do. Well, that and I'm going to keep working on my book goal. Lol, book #56 is Door to December by Dean Koontz. I'm working my way through my bookshelves, rereading some and reading others for the first time. I decided to make sure that I weed out the ones that don't interest me, but to read them nonetheless. I have to say that a lot of the books on my shelves are going to stay. So far out of 55 that I have finished, I'm only getting rid of 6. Lol, Chris wishes the number of those going off the shelves was a bit higher but I couldn't make myself get rid of something I'd read more than once. *winks*

Yesterday was a bit of a hard day for me. An old friend's mother passed away last Friday. I know that it was from cancer, but I'm not sure what type of cancer at the moment. The funeral services were yesterday so as I was driving home from being over at my own mother's house for a little while, I stopped by the church in which the funeral services were being held. I felt a little out of place because I wasn't really dressed that nicely for a funeral and also I knew that some of my outward symptoms of PA were in their high flare state. That means that my patches of Psoriasis and my joints were both affected. I made myself go into the church anyway, stopping near the area that leads into the kitchen of the church. It was there were I found my old friend. He saw me, came over and gave me a hug that I thought was going to last forever. I was so near tears. Even with everything that had happened between he and I in our past, I'd never wish death or pain on him or anyone in his family. We talked for a few moments before he introduced me to his wife-to-be and three of his four children. I spent a few more minutes talking to him before I had to leave so I could get home in time to wake Chris up for work. My friend hugged me again, tighter than before, and promised to get in touch with me. We share a lot of history in my 29 years of life. Some good and some bad. But still much more than I thought possible to share with someone other than Chris. I wish his family comfort and strength during this rough time.

As for me, I had a really bad headache for most of the day after I arrived at home. I'm not too sure why. I have to go get some bloodwork done tomorrow to monitor my Coumadin usage. I don't think that played a part in my headache. With the way the weather has been going back and forth between warm and cold, it wouldn't surprise me if I am developing some sort of sinus cold or infection. I go to the rheumy on Halloween so I'll be sure to ask him a few extra questions. Today, it's try to do laundry and load up the dishwasher day. Lol, well that's what I want it to be at any rate. I'm off to answer some emails, update a few things and then try to do a load of laundry. I've been thinking about doing a few posts concerning PA just to give everyone a refresher of sorts since it's been nearly a year that this blog was started. Take care until then.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home