Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

One year anniversary :)



Well folks, that's me. Yes, that picture is a little outdated but it's still me. It's really the only one in which I think I look pretty. Ok, maybe I'm a bit biased, but that's understandable. Right? I just thought you, my wonderful readers and visitors, would like to see the person behind the blog, so to speak.

With my not being able to update when I wanted to due to the weather and arthritis problems, I've missed out on making some important posts. Today, since I'm feeling a bit better, I have decided that I would try and catch them all up in one post. Of course, I'm not going to do it in one sitting. I'm going to break it up over the next couple of hours. Just kinda hang in there with me.

It's been a year since I started this blog. I had originally had a couple of other mediums that I was using to try and reach people. I had a Livejournal as well as a MSN Spaces type blog. But there were restrictions within both that I felt were keeping me from reaching everyone that I wanted to with my posts. For some reason, I've felt compelled to write down my experiences with not only the progression of my disease but also the feelings and observations about my limits and goals. I was surfing the net when I stumbled upon Blogger. It allows me to reach a much wider range of people than those who need permission to see a MSN Spaces or private entries in a Livejournal. I didn't quite know what to be putting in this blog. At first I started to just ramble, but then I found a basic outline of things to cover for the day such as the weather, how it made me feel, my goals and to-do lists. Those things are important for me. It may make for some boring reading at times but it makes me realize that I'm still very much a human being on the days when I feel more of a monster. I plan to keep this blog going for as long as I'm able, if only for my own piece of mind and possible story ideas later on.

The month of October is a special one for me. Not only is it the anniversary of this blog, but it's also the anniversary of Chris and I being in a relationship with one another. We did get married in May but October is the month in which we found ourselves again and rekindled that love that was buried within us. There are many days when I feel as though we've been together a lot longer than ten years. Then there are other days when it feels as though we just began our journey together that very day. Life is so short and I've been blessed to have this man be a part of my life for so long. I'm greedy though. I want ten more years with him, and ten more after that, and ten more after that. Thank goodness he's with me.

I have thought about doing a comparison between how I am now and when I started this blog. That is going to have to be put off until tomorrow, however. I'm starting to really cramp up once again. I hope that all of my friends know that I even though I'm not online a lot, I do think of them often and I pray that they are doing well. I wish there was a way that I could take their pain, heartache and suffering from them so they could enjoy the love and wonderful times that life has in store for them. Have a good day everyone.

Love and blessings,

Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home