Stepping Stones

A woman's journey through life while juggling the affects of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Warmer today

Even though the actual number wasn't much higher that what it has been the past few days, the temperature outside did seem to be warmer and more comfortable to sit out on the screened porch. I sat out there for a little bit today so that Dudley could play in the yard for a while. Though he's an indoor type of dog, he loves to run around the yard or just lay in the sun for a while. I did manage to write a few more pages for my NaNo project. Because I was in a bit of pain Wednesday, I started to write my NaNo novel by hand on some scraps of paper. It's just kept going that way. Lol, I have it figured out that to reach the goal of 50,000 words, I will have to write a minimum of 5 pages (front and back) or a word count of 2,000. Now, I am a bit behind but I will more than likely catch up over this weekend. My family isn't having a Thanksgiving get-together (that I know of) so I'm going to be able to spend more time writing this month than I had originally thought. I need to set aside atleast two days to spend typing up the novel to be submitted for final wordcount verification. At any rate, it sounds like I have a good plan, right? For whatever reason, this story has been flowing really well from my fingertips. It's a wonderful feeling. I've decided to put my completed novel on the back burner so to speak. Just for a little while until I feel the urge to pick it up and really work on it. I think that will help with the story not sounding forced in some areas. It will also allow me to keep from feeling as though I have to work on it instead of that I enjoy working on it. Besides, it will still be there for me. I need to be ready to work on it when the time's right for me to do so.

I was able to do a few things around the house today. Compared to what I had been able to do just three weeks ago, doing a couple loads of laundry (even taking about ten minutes to transfer the clothes from washer to dryer) seemed like a huge accomplishment. I suppose in a way it is. I even was able to load up the dishwasher and let it do some of the dishes for me. Lol, so glad that it didn't object. If the weather stays constant for a few days, I'll be able to straighten the house a bit more and get more laundry done. Chris has to work tomorrow so he won't be around to distract me from the jobs at hand. Even if I just straighten one room tomorrow, I'll be happy.

It seems as though I have quite a few friends online that seem to be going through some really, really rough times with their health or concerned with the health of a loved one. I wish that I was able to do more for my friends. The limits that my own health and financial situation keep me in don't help me feel better either. All I can do is offer my shoulder if they need it to cry on, my time and attention when they need to vent and most importantly, my prayers that they or the person they love will be well quickly. There are a couple who weigh heavily on my mind. My friend, "J", and his nephew have been in ill health for a while. But now it seems that J is experiencing worse than usual health. I really hope that the doctor is able to help him as he has a lot going for him and I know that he worries about others more often than he worries about himself. I will just keep my candles and prayers going for them.

I know that this seems short compared to some of my other posts. I have to hurry up and do a few more lines on my NaNo novel and then try to work on the afghan a bit. Got to stay on my schedule as much as possible. Take care, my dear friends and readers. Hope your day is a great one. Have a wonderful weekend.

Love and blessings,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home